It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:42 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong, please. I think I ran into this error when I tried to reinstall the 2.5 update when it was already installed. I used regedit and searched for "2.5 update" and deleted that key. Then ran the installer again and it completed.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:38 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

getting the same error when trying to uninstall. or repair

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:35 pm 
Founder
Founder

From your signature it appears that you are trying to install this on a system that is not an MSS.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:59 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

ya from everything i have been reading that was possible, but if not no big deal just want to see the features HP had to offer. Had friends running it on none HP box. But i am running hp hardware. That should count for something. :lol:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:34 pm 
Founder
Founder

We've not tried it on non-MSS hardware and won't be supporting it in that config, sorry.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:04 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I am not sure i really need the functionality anyway. I would like the ability to backup my mac , but i am not sure what else it really offers seeing as how i now have the s3 and the updated twonky plugins. but thanks for trying i appreciate the effort.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:29 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

About the lights in a 470/475

I´ve done a trick to have my lights back... it's almost perfect (for me) and can be done without changing any of your steps of the wiki (BTW... very good job, congratulations)

Only create this two keys in the registry!!!

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\LEDs\Theme [DWORD] 9
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\LEDs\Speed [DWORD] 0x10000 (65535)

That´s all... and the lights get back.

It's like the Lights Show Add-in but without it installed.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank sanespace for this post
Cougar
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:16 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I’d just like to add that after being somewhat encouraged by successfully using the SanEncore add-in on an HP LX195 MSS to install the v2.5 update, I eventually tried it on a virtual machine using Microsoft Windows Virtual PC and a 120 day trial of WHS with PP1.

Essentially I followed the Wiki by installing the following:

Sun Java JRE 1.6 Update
Apache Tomcat 6.0
ImageMagick 6.4.0-Q16
SanEncore Add-in 1.0.0.9

And then installed MSS v1.3 (to more closely mimic an EX47x OEM install) followed by MSS v2.5 update. Nothing additional was required and the install went to completion on both counts. I did see error 1720 once during a v2.5 install but deleting the v2.5 registry key and reinstalling v2.5 corrected the issue.

Therefore I would have to say that this install method has a high probability of success on a generic WHS or OEM non-HP WHS.

Screenshots

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/3784 ... update.jpg
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/3784 ... update.jpg
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/3784 ... update.jpg

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:25 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

So i'm a little late to the party on this one but i can confirm that if someone was to follow this guide to build the HP MSS 2.1 install.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5043

You can install it on any HP MSS with a clean WHS Install . This is the cleanest way of doing it. You are basically rebuilding and following the same MFG setup that HP did when they built the original server images.

Last edited by scr3wlo0se on Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:09 pm 
Founder
Founder

scr3wlo0se wrote:
So i'm a little late to the party on this one but i can confirm that if someone was to follow this guide to build the HP MSS 2.1 install.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5043

You can install it on any WHS PC weather it was an HP or not. only issue you are going to have is that the Temp, Fan and other health sensors are going to be off. This is the cleanest way of doing it. You are basically rebuilding and following the same MFG setup that HP did when they built the original server images.

The point of this exercise was to demonstrate that HP wasn't being really honest when they said that the 2.1 software wouldn't run on the EX47x. At no point do we condone installing the HP software on a non-HP server. That is intellectual property developed by HP.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank yakuza for this post
scr3wlo0se
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:08 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

yakuza wrote:
The point of this exercise was to demonstrate that HP wasn't being really honest when they said that the 2.1 software wouldn't run on the EX47x. At no point do we condone installing the HP software on a non-HP server. That is intellectual property developed by HP.

Agreed, Poor choice of words on my part. It is the reason i refuse to share the install files. If someone wants them they should purchase the product and follow my guides.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27