It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:24 am 

Hi,

I guess when you install the software, it'll default to "C:\Programme". But, you could always try to force the installations of Java, ImageMagick and Apache to "C:\Program files" instead. It's not an elegant way, and I don't know if it'll work, but I know HP have quite some config-files that point to "C:\Program Files" (like documentation, webapps). So unless you want to manually change every config file to point to "C:\Programme", you can try to force the software to "C:\Program Files" instead.

But, as I said. I can't guarantee that it will work...

Hope though that you soon have it working, it's a nice update! :-)
Cheers,

qbjack wrote:
Does anybody has experience with localised versions of the MSS? I am in Germany so my programs folder is named "C:\Programme" and not "C:\Program Files". Should those users use their default local program files folders or strictly use the mentioned folders (like in the WHS US version)?

Thanks for your great work cougar, yakuza and all others who worked this out!

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:07 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

There is some localisation in the update; hopefully someone with a German Ex48x can chime in and say what the paths in their install says and you can just substitute my English versions with those.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:14 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

palm wrote:
Thanks cougar for posting very detailed wiki. I tried installing it yesterday was struck with Error 1720. I now cannot install/repair/modify nor uninstall it even with add remove programs. I get the same error. I followed every step in wiki and still getting same error. I got the update half installed. I have attached the document.

Is there any solution for me now?

Thanks for your help

Thinking about it, you would have got this error by running the EXE. You will need to go into the registry and do a search for the MediaSmart 2.5 text, which should show an installer key. You can then delete that key and it won't try and repair next time you install. I'll check on my box later when I get home on what the key is likely to be if you can't find it.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:44 am 

Hello All,

Total props on the WIKI. I followed the instructions and my only hitch during the install was I had to uninstall and reinstall the addin. I am getting a couple of the same issues as others, ie. the "learn more" links not working, but clicking help on the top right beside settings works fine and of course the already known HDD led's not coming up, but whatever. My iPhone connects to the server fine. I havent tried the Converter yet, but soon.

I had one question tho, after the update, my AMD cpu (stock) was running at 50 or so degrees celsius. After an overnight period of Twonky doing its thing, its hovering at upper 30s, low 40s. Just want to make sure that is OK.

Also, when I check for updates, it does not say "Cannot Connect", just says nothing found, so thats a good thing (i think).

One other think to add, when running the WHS Console the first time after upgrade, I got the Windows Is Blocking "homeserverconsole.exe" with the firewall. I just said unblock and no noticeable after effects.

Just my 2 cents and again...YOU GUYS RULE!!!!! :banana: :chicken:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:26 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

I've added the "learn more" issue to the Wiki Know Issues list, I'll see if I can do something with it tonight or over the weekend.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:33 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

When all of the steps are followed in the Wiki article, how do we update the clients?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:38 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I used iis admin console to make a help virtual directory and pointed it to the webapps\help dir in the media smart server directory in program files

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:23 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Hi Guys,

WOW! Amazing job on this one. I was so happy when I saw this today... I immediately rushed out and set it all up on my EX470 and it works great! The only part that wasn't working for me (as stated in the wiki) was the "learn more" links and Help buttons in the online web pages, etc. I solved this problem by creating a VirtualDirectory in IIS named "help" and pointing it to the following folder on the server:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\webapps\help

Now all of the links work just great!

I imagine that you guys can automate the process of creating the VirtualDirectory within the SansEncore add-in. I've already worked out how to do VirtualDirectory stuff from code for my WHS Outlook add-in (for its new Web Access feature). If you need any help with the code, just shoot me a PM and I'll point you to how I do it for my own add-in.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

-- MIKE (The Office Maven)

EDIT: Oops! I see that folks already figured the VirtualDirectory stuff out. My bad.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:54 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

DesertRat wrote:
When all of the steps are followed in the Wiki article, how do we update the clients?

You are best removing the HP MediaSmart Software from the client and then reinstalling from \\hpserver\software\Home Server Connector\Software\oem. That should get your client to update to the new release.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Cougar for this post
Groch
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:21 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

This is great stuff and I now have a server running the 2.5 software. Thanks for all your hard work.

Is it possible to locate the .dmg connector software so that this can be installed on the Mac?

I think someone has already mentioned this but im not sure where to locate this file.

Thanks again

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:36 pm 

http://www.whshack.com/2009/05/give-me- ... re-hp.html

To turn on the lights.

::Lights.cmd - Turn on the lights on a ex470
net stop hpnetmon
net stop hphealthmon
net stop hpdiskmon
rename "c:\Program Files\Windows Home Server\HPServerMonitor.exe" *.new
copy "D:\HPMSSBACKUP\HPMSS-2.5\[PROGRAM_FILES]\Windows Home Server\HPServerMonitor.exe" "c:\Program Files\Windows Home Server\*.*"
net start hpnetmon
net start hphealthmon
net start hpdiskmon
exit

Enjoy. :mss: :hp:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:42 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

I'd advise caution with this as you are using the old EX47x code; so results could be unpredictable. There are other things that use those services as well.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:47 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

andwit wrote:
This is great stuff and I now have a server running the 2.5 software. Thanks for all your hard work.

Is it possible to locate the .dmg connector software so that this can be installed on the Mac?

I think someone has already mentioned this but im not sure where to locate this file.

Thanks again

The mac software is installed to \\hpserver\software\Mac. Is that what you mean?

You might also be interested in how to run the WHS Console on the Mac as well

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:27 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

We've updated the Add-In to 1.0.0.9.

This resolves the "learn more" issue and also removes the Photo WebShare because of the issues it can cause. We will be looking more at Photo WebShare, but felt it was best you had a stable system.

If you have already installed the SanEncore build, you can just remove the previous Add-In and update with this one.

If you are starting from scratch, this one will do you just fine as well.

Attachments:
SanEncore_1.0.0.9.zip [167.38 KiB]
Downloaded 4554 times

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:09 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Will this cause issues? What will happen if you click the webshare tab? doesnt the EX470 have something better then photo share originally?

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next