It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: PVconnect Update
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:17 pm 
Offline
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:17 pm
Posts: 1110
Location: Roseville, California
Thanks: 10
Thanked: 22 times in 21 posts
I was wondering how we update Twonky. So, I looked on their website and in their forum someone posed that HP should be offering that. is this true? I Dont see much need now but the new version has some bug fixes. Also might be good to know if and when they add features.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: PVconnect Update
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:48 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:18 pm
Posts: 539
Location: Orange County, CA
Thanks: 2
Thanked: 14 times in 13 posts
tbone7467 wrote:
I was wondering how we update Twonky. So, I looked on their website and in their forum someone posed that HP should be offering that. is this true? I Dont see much need now but the new version has some bug fixes. Also might be good to know if and when they add features.


Have not heard of anything, you might just drop them a e-mail

_________________
If you only have 1 copy of a file you do not have a copy! Back-up off site!!!
If someone wrote a particularly helpful post? Use the "Thank Post" button!


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:31 am 
Offline
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:03 am
Posts: 130
Location: Sydney, Australia
Thanks: 2
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
I took the plunge and tried to install the lastest version.

I installed it into the same directory and it now says it's version 4.4.7.

The add-in does seem to be a bit broken when you are using it fron the console but everything seems ok when you go straight into the configuration web interface i.e. http://hpserver:9000/config .

Also, they seemed to have fixed the PS3 issue that was introduced with PS3 update 2.40.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:22 am 
Offline
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:23 pm
Posts: 90
Location: Central TX
Thanks: 13
Thanked: 2 times in 2 posts
Did you install it as a service?

_________________
JW


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:50 am 
Offline
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:17 pm
Posts: 1110
Location: Roseville, California
Thanks: 10
Thanked: 22 times in 21 posts
you notice anything new? Is there a great push to upgrade? I have implimented that fix for the current version so that isnt a issue anymore. does it run better? faster? less bog down?


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:32 pm 
Offline
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:09 am
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
If you upgrade manually won't you need to supply a registration key?


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:01 pm 
Offline
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:03 am
Posts: 130
Location: Sydney, Australia
Thanks: 2
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
jwfisher wrote:
Did you install it as a service?


Yes.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:01 pm 
Offline
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:03 am
Posts: 130
Location: Sydney, Australia
Thanks: 2
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
tbone7467 wrote:
you notice anything new? Is there a great push to upgrade? I have implimented that fix for the current version so that isnt a issue anymore. does it run better? faster? less bog down?


Haven't really noticed much difference.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:02 pm 
Offline
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:03 am
Posts: 130
Location: Sydney, Australia
Thanks: 2
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
TwinTurboJosh wrote:
If you upgrade manually won't you need to supply a registration key?



No. If you're worries, just copy down the license key from the web interface.

Also, I'm not saying that anyone else should try it. I just had a bit of spare time of my hands so I thought I'd have a go.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:47 pm 
Offline
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:07 pm
Posts: 255
Thanks: 4
Thanked: 4 times in 4 posts
Mastiha wrote:
TwinTurboJosh wrote:
If you upgrade manually won't you need to supply a registration key?



No. If you're worries, just copy down the license key from the web interface.

Also, I'm not saying that anyone else should try it. I just had a bit of spare time of my hands so I thought I'd have a go.


There's no displayed license key on the PVconnect software.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:35 pm 
Offline
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:17 pm
Posts: 1110
Location: Roseville, California
Thanks: 10
Thanked: 22 times in 21 posts
An interesting Side note, If you have a Filename that has special characters Album art might not show. I guess this is a bug with our version of the software. I know for a fact it doesnt like & and ' it also has trouble when windows uses a - that is to long. Just and FYI took me 1 1/2 last night to figure out why some of my file had cover art and others did not.

this is with the PVconnect HP released.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:08 pm 
Offline
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:03 am
Posts: 130
Location: Sydney, Australia
Thanks: 2
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
sxr71 wrote:
Mastiha wrote:
TwinTurboJosh wrote:
If you upgrade manually won't you need to supply a registration key?



No. If you're worries, just copy down the license key from the web interface.

Also, I'm not saying that anyone else should try it. I just had a bit of spare time of my hands so I thought I'd have a go.


There's no displayed license key on the PVconnect software.


There is if you go into the web interface.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
 Post subject: Re: PVconnect Update
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:59 am 
Offline
.5TB storage
.5TB storage
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:03 am
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
Hi,

I've tried to get into the web interface using:

http://<mymediaserveraddress>:9000/config

and I get the error message "Access is restricted to MediaServer configuration!" :shock: :shock:

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mike.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
 Post subject: Re: PVconnect Update
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:51 am 
Offline
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:03 am
Posts: 130
Location: Sydney, Australia
Thanks: 2
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
Try this thread.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
 Post subject: Re: PVconnect Update
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:15 pm 
Offline
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:07 pm
Posts: 255
Thanks: 4
Thanked: 4 times in 4 posts
Mastiha wrote:
Try this thread.



thanks


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group