It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:17 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I have been using the Photo Web Share off and on since January. I uploaded some new photos this morning for the first time after installing the HP 1.3 update and Power pack 1. This is what happened:

Using IE7 I logged in the photo web share and created a new gallery. When I clicked add photos I was prompted to install a HP active X control. The install informed me that several of the files it was installing were older than those already existing and it asked if I wanted to replace them. I could not determine if the HP 1.3 update provided this active x control or if this was an older active x control previously installed and being installed again. If this is an updated active x control from the 1.3 update than I figure I should answer yes to replace the files assuming HP changed them to older versions for a reason. If this is not something updated by the 1.3 update than I figure the correct answer would be no to all so newer files that may have been installed when the 1.3 update was installed would not be replaced with older versions.

What is the correct answer to this Active X install question? Yes to replace with older versions or no to all?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:17 pm 
Founder
Founder

I would stick with the newest files. Worst case you can delete the control via the IE Tools menu and it will reload next time you visit the webshare to upload files.

Thanks