It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:16 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

yooperdon wrote:
Banquo73, some additional information. I have a client running W8.1 directly connected to the server. If I open Explorer with Advanced Admin installed on the server, I can not see the HPSERVER. When I uninstall the Advanced Admin, HPSERVER appears and I have access to it. For some reason the Advanced Admin app is restricting what I can do with the server. No idea why this is happening. That does mean that I can connect via a remote connection only when Advance Admin is not installed.

Is there an option with Advanced Admin that needs to be changed? I am running it as installed.

Thanks

I don’t have any experience with W8 but does this still happen when you are connected through your network rather than directly?

I still think most if not all of these problems are probably to do with needing to update WHS.

Stock Ram
HGST 1 x 2TB, 3 x 8TB

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:31 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Banguo73: I took a chance and hand typed in the link. This worked and I now have the files. Guess I should have tried that earlier. I will go back over the video instructions to see what happens. The only issue that I still may have is the restricted access to the software files after loading the Advance Admin consol. Have to see what happens now.

Thanks

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:37 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I completed the php steps per the video. I also have loaded the Advanced Admin on the server. Using the Advanced Admin I see that the server is at Service pack 2. Using console settings the Server is running 6.0.1500.6. This is the same that I had after rebuilding the server. Not sure that I have made any improvements. Still unable to connect the Windows 10 machines to the server, or even the Windows 8 machine that I used to install the updates with. Is there another step that I am missing?

Thanks

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:53 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I just moved to the Windows 10 machine and used REVO to remove the Console and Connection apps. I then used the files you see on the screen shot to load them back. Note: when I use the original disks I get the error that these are not compatible with the version of OS to be loaded on, so I was using these files that I pulled from somewhere in the past. The server console loads fine and makes connection with the server. You can see from the screen shots that I still have a compatible issues. Now the Sever version is not compatible and asking to get the server updated. For some reason I thought that is what the process on the video was taking care of. Not sure if I did not understand this, or that for some reason this video process did not complete properly. Appreciate any help. I still have a fully functional server (all blue lights) that I can not connect to.

Thanks

Attachments:
Install HP Console-Connector 1.jpg
Install HP Console-Connector 1.jpg [ 262.34 KiB | Viewed 9303 times ]
Install HP Console-Connector 2.jpg
Install HP Console-Connector 2.jpg [ 275.6 KiB | Viewed 9303 times ]
Install HP Console-Connector 3.jpg
Install HP Console-Connector 3.jpg [ 271.49 KiB | Viewed 9303 times ]
Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:39 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I just reran the steps in the video to confirm that that this had run correctly the first time. I rebooted the client PC (Win8) first. It went through the php process as before, with no updates being identified. It appears that there are no updates form my current server version. This may be an issue, as the connector version needs to be updated to talk to my Win 10 clients. I'll keep working on it. The sad news is that both of my Win 10 clients were talking to and were being back up by the server before the factory reload process. I know it can be done. Looking for suggestions.

Thanks

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:43 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I know appear to have a new issue. I had shut down the server while I was away for Thanksgiving. When I got back home I started the server only to have it go immediately to all drives turning on red, the status light turning purple and the fan on high. It stays in this status. The power button does not work. The only way I can shut it down is to pull the plug. It has repeated this start mode, each time that I have tried to start the server. I did try pulling ALL drives, but have the same status. Not sure what to do at this point, as I can not get console access to look at it. I am open to any ideas that anyone has. Guess I never should have shut it down.

Thanks

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:27 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Sorry, had a busy couple of weeks at work. Gosh, not having much luck with this.

When you shut the server down did you leave it on at the power outlet or did you kill power to it completely. If so, it could be that the CMOS battery on the motherboard is dead or dying and need replacing.

Stock Ram
HGST 1 x 2TB, 3 x 8TB

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:36 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I powered down using from the console shut down option. Power cord was still connected. I can always replace the CMOS battery just to be sure. Is that easy to get to?

Thanks

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:58 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I did replace the CMOS battery and cleaned all contacts and the dust out while I had it apart. I found an excellent step by step description on how to remove the mother board in the forum. I am impressed how well this unit is constructed. However, I still have the same issue. As soon as the power is pressed the server shows 4 red lights on the drives and purple for the status, with fans on high. Appears to not be a CMOS issue.

I am open to any and all other suggestions.

Thanks

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:48 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I see you have posted on the thread I was going to point you towards. Next steps would be to remove the disks and connect them to another computer so you can check for any errors. If the disks are fine, it could be that the PSU in the server needs replacing.

Stock Ram
HGST 1 x 2TB, 3 x 8TB

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:28 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Any way I can test the PSU? I get the 4 solid red lights on the drives with or without the drives in the bays. Also the purple status and high fan speed. No chance to try recovery mode. Only way to shut down is by pulling the plug.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:13 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I have tested the PSI while connected to the mother board and outside the cabinet. All yellow are 12v, all red are 5v and all orange are 3.3v. Not sure what or how else I can test the PSI. I did have to unplug the power supply to get it to turn off. Holding the power button would not turn off the PSI. I am open to more ideas on how to test the PSI while I have it out of the cabinet.

Thanks

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:18 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Question; Should the PSI shut down by holding the power button when the power/mother board is out of the cabinet? I am trying to isolate the cause of my latest issue. I have the PSI and the mother board out of the cabinet. I can press the power button to turn the PSI on, but it will not turn off unless I pull the power plug out of the PSI. Normal on not normal is the question. If not normal, any idea of the cause and fix?

Thanks

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:28 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Did you check pin 8 (Grey cable), it should be 5v. If it is not, that could be the problem?

Stock Ram
HGST 1 x 2TB, 3 x 8TB

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:01 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I did not even see the grey cable. I just checked it and it is 0.18 to 0.24 volts. Looks like the PSI is telling the computer that it has a problem if I read the pin out correctly. Is there anything that I can check to confirm this, or is it time to replace the PSI?

Thanks

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next