It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: Hp Data vault x510
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:17 pm 

Hello folks,

My first post here, I have purchased a HP Data Vault x510, It did not come with any software, I can use it on a mac and a pc..how do I get software?

thank you very much

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: Hp Data vault x510
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:21 pm 
Founder
Founder

If the server OS is a fresh install, or you know the Admin password, you can download the Connector software by opening this URL in your browser on the client PC: http://hpserver:55000

If it's not a fresh install and you don't know the password, you'll need to perform a Factory Reset to start from the beginning.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:42 am 

Hello,

Thank you very much for the reply, I have tried that address and will not take me anywhere, the lights are blue at the front, I have tried to do a factory reset by pushing a small pin near the lights at the front of the device and holding it for 15 seconds, Still will not take me to the device home page, any thoughts?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:02 pm 
Founder
Founder

The previous owner must have renamed it when they set it up. I'd suggest asking them for the password if you have a way of contacting them. Also ask for the install media.

You can try looking in your router's DHCP Client list to see if you can find the name of the server, and it might show up in your Network section of Explorer on your PC. But that won't help if you don't know the password to authenticate with the server.

Read this to learn about Server Recovery/Factory Reset. You need the install media that came with the server, unfortunately it's not easy to come across copies on the internet for the x510. http://www.mediasmartserver.net/wiki/in ... _and_EX495

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:45 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Forest,

From your first post, could you clarify what you are starting with? Did the x510 you just got come with a pre-loaded a system hard drive? I'm guessing yes since you said you have 3 blue system lights on (the lights at the bottom). Also, if you do have the OS installed already, did your seller give you the password that was setup during the installation and can you confirm they didn't change the default server name?

You can use the below instructions to setup your terminal client connector(s) if the answer is yes to all of the above.

If your server isn't already hardwired to your network, connect a LAN cable directly to the server and a client. Then do a remote desktop into the server. The default server name should be HPSTORAGE. Once you've gotten past the log in screen (default user name is: administrator and you will need the password that was setup during the OS install), click on start/my computer and navigate to C:\WHS. Copy the entire folder to a thumb drive. Then just save the contents of the thumb drive onto your client desktop.

You can now install the client connector from the desktop of your terminal(s) by opening the copied folder and double clicking on the setup.exe file. But if you don't have the server password, your pretty much stuck until you get the OE disks.

This wont give you the ability to do a restore or a recovery, But it will allow you to setup your shares and do client backups.

Like resetting the server password, you'll need the OE disks for the restore/recovery functions. If your not in a hurry, they come up from time to time on fleabay. Since the ex49x is the same hardware as the x510, you can also use that disk set. The only difference between the two is the HP overlay for the console is more media focused on the ex49x than on the x510. All the drivers and so forth are the same.

If you need copies quickly, you can PM me. I have a full set for both the 49x & the x510.

ex49x/v1 (toyin w/Vail)
VGA
Q8200s w/two 30mm cooling fans
4gb Ram
Rear Casecover Cooling Mod

Thanks