It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:27 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Anyone have a drive image of the ex47x 3.0 upgrade or know where it can be found (bit torrent maybe)?

I'm running the server on 1.1 and have the 1.32 (MSSDV32134990ServerUpdate) and 1.33 (MSSDV33135433ServerUpdate) application I'd be willing to share. But I need V3.0.

Thanks in advance!

ex49x/v1 (toyin w/Vail)
VGA
Q8200s w/two 30mm cooling fans
4gb Ram
Rear Casecover Cooling Mod

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:29 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I could be wrong, but if you bring up the console, go to settings, one of the tabs (I'm at work right now so can't see) will bring you to the updates page.
Get all the windows updates and get all the HP updates and after all the re-booting and updating I believe you will be at 3.0 after the third HP update.

At some point if your client is 64 bit, the connector may have a fit about a version miss match, that is when you un-install the connector and type in the web address to get the correct version of the connector from the server.
http://servername:55000
This happens because of the HP updates, I think at 2.0 is when they brought on the 64 bit connector.

So for now, I believe HP is still pumping out the update/s you are looking for.

Let us know how it goes.... and good luck

P.S. Check the info I wrote in this thread. Once you get all the updates, you can save them for the future, in case HP stops pumping them out.
I found where they are downloaded to on the server before they are installed.
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14395

:twisted: Fear the Cloud :twisted:

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Gardian for this post
lioninstreet
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:08 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Hey again Guardian,

I think all the updates are in on this one. But I'll double check. Looks like WHS has to be at least Ver 1.3.6.21622 to run 64 bit.

Sure would like to have these updates hard saved in a folder for after EOL...

ex49x/v1 (toyin w/Vail)
VGA
4gb Ram

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:27 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I believe if you keep trying, you will get the 3 HP updates.
But, I tested it out to see 5-6 months ago, hopefully they haven't stopped.
I don't have the ex-470 anymore, I gave two of them to my brother-in-law in Colorado, so I do have access to one and could save the files if needed.
I'm running the last version X-510 which hardware wise is the same as the ex-495 but the updates are not the same.
The ex-490 ex-495 x-510 were the same.
The ex-485 ex-487 I believe were the same.
The ex-470 ex-475 were the same.
So basically we have 3 sets of software and 3 sets of updates.
Unfortunately the ex-470 is the oldest model and it could make sense that they might stop the updates on it first, hope I'm wrong because there are still a lot of people running them.

Please try a few times and let us know if they have stopped.

P.S. I was just looking and the windows updates and the hp updates are on different tabs/pages. see pic
Your will look a little different because it is the 470 and mine is the 510, but keep clicking on that CHECK UPDATES till it won't go no more, if it says nothing, reboot the server and try again a couple times.
Good luck

Attachments:
hp updates page.jpg
hp updates page.jpg [ 43.83 KiB | Viewed 23988 times ]

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:25 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Looks like you are correct that the data vault has a different console.

After all updates are complete, when in my 47x console on the hardware tab I am seeing that the HP MediaSmart Server Software version is 1.1.3.19049.

Per a HP document I have, to install a 64 bit terminal the software I have to have MediaSmart Server Software Version Update 1.3.6.21622

I'll keep checking to make sure my HP update is working properly but it might be back to square one. If I remember HP was sending out disks to users on it for the 47x. Yes?

If so, anyone have one willing to image it into google drive, know where it might be in a bit torrent, or something like that?

ex49x/v1 (toyin w/Vail)
VGA
4gb Ram

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:05 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

You are correct, at first HP was selling updates discs for the 470 and then later on starting pushing out updates so we didn't need the updates disc anymore.
Please give it a couple more tries after a couple more reboots and if you don't get the extra updates, let us know.
I can look on my server and see if I ripped them. Maybe able to mail them to you.
Or someone may be able to upload them somewhere.
Good Luck
If HP has indeed stopped the updates for the 470, this is indeed a sad day. ](*,)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:07 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I was just looking at your first thread:
Quote:
I think I posted this in the wrong place. Moving to ex49x hardware now...

If you have the EX-49X then there is no Discs 3 updates.
It would be helpful to know which server you are working on. :?

If you have a 470 then this link (not hosted by me) may get you the updated discs iso.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7Dvgc1yRgIoZXA4b0Nrd0FMdjQ?usp=sharing

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:53 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Gardian,

Just happened to read thru this thread again... I forgot about being the OP on it (seinor moment) and was just working thru the same issue again on another WHS with Rueben...

The software upgrade was indeed for a ex47x and as of today 6/11/18 the link to the updated .iso's was live. Thanks again for being part of this board!

ex49x/v1 (toyin w/Vail)
VGA
4gb Ram

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:56 am 

If your going to install the 3.0 software onto the EX470 I would do it on a separate set of drives just to determine if you like it or not. There are some features in it that are nice but as I recall that software comes with its own set of issues many of which have been posted in the past in the forums by myself and others. I have a couple EX470's that I have not run in years and maybe one might have v3.0 running on it. If you have it installed and run into problems and require help I will be more than happy to power my units up to see if one might still have the v3 software running. I no I am not as active as I once was but from time to time people do contact me for assistance.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:21 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Thanks for the reply Comp1962. I remember seeing your many useful posts on this forum back in the day.

On the ex470, I found a (third party) destination for it so I don't think I'll need to do much more with it from here. But if you have some time to consider a few questions about Microsoft & HP updates that would specifically apply to the 48x - 49x, that would sure be appreciated.

As we all know, the day is coming when the HP and Microsoft will no longer be available. While at the time of this writing (6/27/18) Microsoft is still pushing dozens of KB updates and Service Pack 2 (in the case of earlier WHS versions) when running update from the console. However, the KB for service pack 2 (KB956587) is no longer available for individual download from Microsoft's Update Catalog online.

I'm bringing this up with the end goal of being able to secure both all the HP and all the Windows updates for off line storage and future use once they have fully sunsetted.

So here is the question:
First about the HP updates. I have the HP downloads from their ex49x support page for what is called version 3.0 and version 3.3. The install disks for the 48x show they come with version 2.5 and for the 49x, version 3.0. Would you know how the disk install versions and/or the HP support page versions match up with what shows up in a fully updated Server console as 3.3.1.35433 - 2/3/2010 EX0308170348 in the MediaSmart Server Support tab and what is shown in the Recourses tab of Windows Home Server with Power Pack 3?

As for the Microsoft updates that are still being pushed, I'm working with the guys over at wsusoffline.com to figure out a way to capture those. When I get a little further along I'll start a new thread. But in the meantime and help figuring out the naming conventions and what and how to download whatever HP updates there are would be appreciated greatly.

ex49x/v1 (toyin w/Vail)
VGA
4gb Ram

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:46 am 

Unfortunately I don't have a good answer to how to obtain what your looking for. The best way I know is cloning the system drive but its a process: http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/01 ... tem-drive/

Performing a server recovery in of itself is a lengthy process and even if MS and HP had all the updates available it could take a couple days to go through it all. So time wise I believe Cloning a System Drive makes more sense but its a process and yet its a big time saver. It maybe wise to clone a drive periodically to keep up with the current state of your system and you may want to do this with more than one drive just because drives do fail.

Its not exactly easy keeping these old servers running but I certainly understand why so many do but I do encourage people to think of their next solution so that one day when they are out of options they will be able to move forward. Just because you find other solutions does not mean you have to stop using these old servers I still have just about every server model HP ever released and I still run a WHSv1 server I built so many years ago I forget what year I built it.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks