It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: Backup services
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:57 pm 

Hi, i have an old HP MediaSmart Server EX475 from 2008, with only 512 MB memory. It still runs ok, but after rearranging my office at home, and disconnecting the server for 2 weeks, i get the message "backup services are not running" when i boot the server. Found some info online saying that it could be caused by some corrupt backups. So, when i goto settings", "backup", and then hit "repair", a progressionline comes up, sits there for like 30 seconds, then it says "logging off, "saving your settings" and then actually logs me off the console. The external disk that was connected to the PC is now connected to the server again, but at the first boot of the server after 2 weeks down, the disk was not connected, i guess that was what caused the problem.

How do i get the backupservices up and running again? Surely, logging me off the console cant be correct, its ben 3 days now and still no backupservices.

Best Regards
Greyish99
Norway

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: Backup services
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:08 am 

I found a solution online. Remote Desktop, went to D:\folders\{00008086-058D-4C89-AB57-A7F909A47AB4} and deleted alle the files there (bye bye backups), then went to settings-backup and repair. Light changed to blue on the srver, and message says backup services running. Then ran a manual backup.

Thanks