It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:32 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I just updated to PowerPack1 by installing it from the server's desktop and all seemed fine. I am not sure how to update the new HP connector software. I thought I saw it automatically updating the connector software, but in my add-in folder I only have the McAfee add-in. It does not have PV Connect, which I thought came automatically with the new connector software. Do I need to install the HP 1.3 update from within the server itself? How do I check to see if I have it? When I looked at the add/remove software folder from the server, I see the HP Mediasmart Server listed, but not the connector software. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am still a newby.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

If you have the HP updates set to automatic you should have gotten it by now I would think. This update is done on the WHS and not the client. To check if you have the HP 1.3 update start the WHS Console go to the MediaSmart Server icon and under software updates click on the last update link. It should bring you to a link called ReadMe.html where it describes the HP 1.3 update. If don't have the update, then click on check for updates to get it. You can click on configure to change your WHS to check for updates automatically.

As far as the connector goes you should get a messge on your client to update and you can tell it to load the new connector automatically. If not, you can install yourself by going to \\HP-SERVER\Software\Home Server Connector Software and run the setup from there on each client you have.

Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:42 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

A little quicker of a way would be to put this address in your browser:
http://server:55000/

Thanks