It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:27 am 

Hi there

Last year, I was given an EX487 in a gift and it was sent to me here in New Zealand. With the release of v3.0 software, I have tried in vain to purchase the upgrade discs. On the HP website, the discs are only sent to a US or Canadian address and no one has it available as a download that I can purchase. The UK website does not sell my model of server as they only stock the EX490 on their website, so no chance of sending it to my parent's address either.

Please help! :encore:

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:22 am 

Some in the UK indicated they were able to order the 3.0 upgrade discs from https://www.best2serve.com/

What I do not know is if the EX48x ever sold in the UK but if it did then you should be able to order discs from there and send them to your parents house. I will tell you I did try to look up things like recovery discs and it wants model numbers so be sure to get the model number off the bottom of your server which may be listed as a Product Number as it will not be EX487.

The discs are not downloadable because of Microsoft Licenesing Agreements so they have to be ordered.

In the event you are not able to order or obtain a set of 3.0 discs can I ask you what your looking to achieve with them since the upgrade is similar to the 2.5 your already running with some added features that may or may not be of bennifit to you. The thought here is maybe something your looking to do can be done with other software running on your EX487 that you may not have yet considered. This I may be able to help you out with.

But if your really desiring to obtain a set of recovery discs and can not do so from the link above then keep your eyes open on eBay because sometimes they end up there but not often and sometimes at a big premium or if you know someone in Canada or the US that will purchase them for you and then send them to you but that will only increase the cost and I am not sure how your country handles taxes on items shipped from other countries.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Comp1962 for this post
scoobysteve
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:58 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

The disk are not officially available for download, but some digging on bit torrents and you may find the iso's. I have seen them myself

WHS 2011 64bit

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:15 am 

I know that this is an old post but....
I also am looking for server media software (preferably ver. 3.0 upgrade).
For the EX487.
Slim pickings on EBAY and Kijiji.
Copies are fine.
Please drop me a line.

Location is Ottawa, ON

Thanks