It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:58 am 

All,

I have WMS 2003 v3.3.1.35433 and I cant seem to find out how to create a photo album. When I follow the instructions in the manual, I dont have the options on my system that follow that. Can anyone help me with the creation of an album?

Thanks
Ray

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:52 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

If you want to try an old addin called Whiist, it can do photo albums also. https://mysite.uchicago.edu/personal/bs ... 46ba&ID=11

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:35 am 

Thanks for the tip. It looks super easy. I actually already installed and have a site up. I have 3 questions though.

1. Since I am using Media collector to put all my photos in the Photos shared folder, isnt this a duplication of pictures? I was hoping to just reference the pictures that are already on the server.

2. With the built in Album, there is supposed to be security that will allow authentication for people to view the pics. These can be viewed by anyone who has the URL, correct? (Correction - I found the security and it works great!!!!)

3. Is there a way to go to a page that shows all the albums so I wouldnt have to send links each time I add an album?

Thanks a bunch.
Ray

Last edited by rayw on Sat May 14, 2011 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:20 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

rayw wrote:
Thanks for the tip. It looks super easy. I actually already installed and have a site up. I have 2 questions though.

1. Since I am using Media collector to put all my photos in the Photos shared folder, isnt this a duplication of pictures? I was hoping to just reference the pictures that are already on the server.

The Whiist Photo Album will point to a shared folder or subfolder, unlike the HP Photo Viewer which is a prettier interface but the photos are duplicated because you have to copy them to a folder under the D:\folders\some numbers

2. With the built in Album, there is supposed to be security that will allow authentication for people to view the pics. These can be viewed by anyone who has the URL, correct?

In Whiist, you can set the album for public or private to WHS user accounts.

Thanks a bunch.
Ray

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Diehard for this post
rayw
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:42 am 

Thanks again for the tips. Here is my challenge. I use iPhoto. So, when the media collector does its thing, I have 2 options. By date or by folder structure. If I choose date, it only goes to to YYYY-MM so if I take a few events in a month I cant point to the share folder. If I choose folder structure then iPhoto breaks the structure by having a masters, original, preview, modified folder. So essiantally I can have the following:

Ray\Original\Rays Birthday
Ray\Modified\Rays Birthday
Ray\Preview\Rays Birthday

So I cant point to one location for all the files needed.

It looks like Im going to have to copy the files to one folder. Just some overhead I didnt want.

The other item is with HP Photo Viewer, there is a very nice page that lists all the albums. Can Whiist do this?

Thanks again

Thanks