It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:24 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I went through the steps provided on the blog to set up my EX490. It went through the blinking red Monitor LED, and it's been about an hour. I can go to the server's IP address and it brings up http://192.168.0.4/setup/launch.aspx which is just a blue page with Windows Server Code Name "Vail" with the spinning circle. I'm unable to connect via remote desktop either. I didn't change the cfg.ini file, so the password and server name are the same. The harddrive had a one partition, but had files on it (I thought the install would format the drive). Does this mean the install failed?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:45 pm 
Founder
Founder

If it's been that long, I'd try deleting the partitions from the drive and trying the install again.

Edit: Actually, the Vail beta expired yesterday, you probably won't be able to install.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:32 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Quote:
If it's been that long, I'd try deleting the partitions from the drive and trying the install again.

Edit: Actually, the Vail beta expired yesterday, you probably won't be able to install.

I thought that might be the issue, but it turns out I just needed to wait longer. It took another 20-30 minutes and I finally got to the set up page. It downloaded updates and completed the installation. However, now I'm having issues with the Connector install. I can remote connect just fine and get to the desktop, but when I attempt to download and install the connector from my computer, I get "Installation of Windows Server Code Name "Vail" Connector is cancelled". I can launch the desktop from within the remote connection, but that kinda defeats the purpose...

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:43 am 
Founder
Founder

Have you followed the steps to renew the expiration?
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2011/01 ... ation-date

I'll be honest, IMHO there is no point messing with the that version of Vail since it still has DE which has been removed from the product in the next builds we're due to get.

Thanks  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]