It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:21 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Since there doesn't appear to be a dedicated "Aurora" discussion area, I'll try my luck here.

I have the Aurora beta preview up and running fine on robust new and dedicated hardware.

All appeared to be going well until I attempted to connect to the Aurora server from two attached PCs running Windows 7 64-bit Professional and Ultimate respectively.

When I start the installation by entering http://ServerName/Connect, I'm greeted by a screen informing me that the PC meets the prerequisites, followed by a message to the effect that the procedure might take up to 30 minutes, blah, blah...

It then goes on to try to download files from the server and after several seconds pops up an error screen informing me that "An unexpected error has occurred..... and to go talk to myself (network administrator)...". No further explanation and no help is available. Early beta software, etc. :cry:
Both client PCs produce identical results, so it would appear that the problem is not with the clients.

"DieHard" over at the Home Server Show forum suggested a computer name with non-standard characters, but everything is OK in that department.

Anyone here experimenting with Aurora? Possible solution? If logs are created during this process, where might one look for them?

I'm stuck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]