It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:39 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Hi All,

I recently decided to give the WHS vail a go as I've decided i need some kind of NAS / Server. As I dont ahve the spare hardware available, I decided to give it a go on a virtual machine.

Using the instructions on here and thegeek, I installed VM ware workstation and got the beta installed - it failed first time, but worked the second. The problem I have is that I can't get it to conncet (bridge) from the virtual machine to my actual network - it keeps coming uwith the IP address conflict error saying the IP address is already in use on my network. As far as I can tell its not, but I'm new to all this!! :?

I've tried to use the virtual network editor, but I've had no luck - i've since set it back to the defaults. (I cant post an image of the WHS vail error screen & editor setup as I'm a new member!)

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get this going? Many thanks!

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]