It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:16 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I also have Vail installed on a set of drives that I switch out to use WHS v1. My install was a bit different since I don;t have a bootable 8GB thumb drive but I do have a home built VGA cable. I started with the system drive attached to my PC as the only drive. I started the install from the CD. When it was time for a reboot, I put the drive in my EX490/e5400CPU. With the VGA cable I could continue. All went well. I also installed SharePoint 2010. After installing SharePoint2010, you have to delete the default web site because it takes over port 80 and Remote Access needs that. So delete the default web site from SharePoint and create a new one using a different port. Then using IIS, restart the Vail default web site or reboot.

I have Office 2010 on my PC's and the SharePoint Workspace works great with the Vail/SharePoint install.

I'll be talking about Vail builds on a ustream feed August 25th. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-home-server-show

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2