It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Network Issue
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:44 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I have a i5 DIY server with 4 G Ram, all on a Gigabit router. Also PCH A110 and A200. Having problems with streaming video from VAIL and the movies freeze. Stay frozen for 30sec-2 minutes and then fast forward and starts to play normal. I have thought it was for a variety of reasons. Server, PCH, HD in server not good, ect. I was watching the Resource Monitor tonight to see if I could determine what was going on. CPU, Ram, and disk numbers stay low, however, the Network I/O goes to ZERO when the movies freeze. Norrmally show as about 10 Mb/s, fairly consistent, but when the graphs shows zero, the movie freezes. Then picks back up again when the I/O resumes. Any advice on how I can determine what is causing this. Is there logs to look at? Took the same movie, put on external HD connected to PCH, and runs perfect. Thanks for any help.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: Network Issue
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:13 pm 

You know that servers have log files and tools for measuring performance and traditional network devices has an LED that flashes when the door is to do something. You have tools that show how the interface is busy, but mostly a black box, the network drive. network analysis to open that black box, which shows how to use industry standard software and hardware to evaluate the present, testing and debugging of the network.

Thanks  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]