It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Vail Remote access
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:49 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

We are at Disneyland this week, so I thought I would try out remote access.

First I can see my server from here, no issues, even though at home when I go to the Remote Access page is show Remote Access as NOT WORKING.

Played a movie in the hotel last night. Video quality is a little downgraded but it worked. The only complaint is the lack of recognization for MKV files. 99.9% of my stuff is MKV and the media tab in remote access doesnt even show that they are there. For the few AVI and WMA, it worked fine. To play an MKV, I would have to DL the file from the server.

Played music in the room. No issues. Worked great and the streaming interface is nice.

Photos. I was able to make a NEW FOLDER on Remote Access and upload all the photos from the first day at DL. Worked great and was very fast.

The one thimng I HATE about the photos is the inability to control what folders Vails looks at for photes. When I select Media, then Photos, you see everthing. All my pictures in YAMJ, all my music album covers, and any other pic that meets the Vail criteria for a picture. I would even like to block some folders that are legite pictutes. When i log on to the remote access as a user, I would rather not see folders of pics from other user on the server. or at least be given the options TO SEE OR NOT TO SEE those pictures.

Off to see Mickey! And a lond day of PAIN!

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: Vail Remote access
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:24 am 

Your having better luck then I am with the movies. For testing I placed movies with various formats including AVI and WMA but the only thing its picked up on is the videos from Digital Cameras and 2 podcasts which I think may have been installed by Vail but not sure since. I liked the music streamer and have looked at the pictures but nothing there has stuck out just yet as being as you descible but I will have to look again.

What I do like about remote access is the ability to select a lanugage which I still have to test but for that I will use people who can fully verify the language is proper.

As for testing Remote I generally use my mobilebroad band card but it died so I was without one for a couple weeks but now that I have the new one I can test Vails remote access out more aggressively. I have done some testing from work but I try not to do much personal things at work as it sets a bad example for my employess.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks  
 Post subject: Re: Vail Remote access
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:16 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

You should log a Connect bug with Microsoft.

Thanks  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]