It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:55 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

More info here with links to screens.

http://forum.wegotserved.com/index.php/ ... rver-2011/

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank danivtec for this post
jam3ohio

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:15 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Will have to reserve judgement about this. Using an add-in to address basic storage issues seems a little risky to me. However, if this puppy works, there will be many very happy v1 people out there.

I will probably go to the Dark Side and set up RAID5, but might very well use this type of pooling as well to use old leftover disks.

I wish the developer well and hope this works out!

Jim

:ms:

1 2.0TB Barracuda® XT 7200 rpm drive
2 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda® XT SATA 7200 rpm drives
1 0.5TB stock drive shipped with MSS
Running HP 3.0 updated software

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:52 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I have been testing Stablebit Drive Pool with an EX485 using an E5400, 4 gig of memory, EX495 Modded Bios and WHS 2011. The system after some starting problems has become very stable. I have copied over 3TB of data including movies and have been using the system to playback movies on Windows 7 MCE and it is going very well. Not all the function is in Drive Pool yet but it is looking more and more promising. Right now it seems much better than WHS V1 as far as performance and function. I have put everything in the pool except the system 60 gig C: drive which right now gives me 6.5 terabytes of storage with the potenial to go to 12 TB using 3TB drives without any external drives. I have created folders in the pool and have some duplicated and some not. The developers are very responsive to issues and provide fixes very quickly that are effective. Much more responsive than the average Microsoft issue. Don't get me wrong - this is not the place to be if you can't afford to lose your data but I'm sure when testing is done you will all be very surprised at the stable nature of the system and function that will be much easier to use than WHS V1.

HP EX485, 4 GIG, Q8200S, WHS 2011, ITUNES Server

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:31 am 

erail wrote:
I have been testing Stablebit Drive Pool with an EX485 using an E5400, 4 gig of memory, EX495 Modded Bios and WHS 2011. The system after some starting problems has become very stable. I have copied over 3TB of data including movies and have been using the system to playback movies on Windows 7 MCE and it is going very well. Not all the function is in Drive Pool yet but it is looking more and more promising. Right now it seems much better than WHS V1 as far as performance and function. I have put everything in the pool except the system 60 gig C: drive which right now gives me 6.5 terabytes of storage with the potenial to go to 12 TB using 3TB drives without any external drives. I have created folders in the pool and have some duplicated and some not. The developers are very responsive to issues and provide fixes very quickly that are effective. Much more responsive than the average Microsoft issue. Don't get me wrong - this is not the place to be if you can't afford to lose your data but I'm sure when testing is done you will all be very surprised at the stable nature of the system and function that will be much easier to use than WHS V1.

Have you had any issues streaming videos?

I finally set up WHS 2011 this weekend. Don't know whether I am going to test out Stablebit or Drive Bender first

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:07 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

So far all I've done is opened up large blue ray movies from windows 7 MCE and played them and they play flawlessly. Usually with WHS V1 there is some studdering on occasion depending on whats going on with the server. So far with WHS 2011, I have seen no problems at all.

HP EX485, 4 GIG, Q8200S, WHS 2011, ITUNES Server

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:12 am 

erail wrote:
So far all I've done is opened up large blue ray movies from windows 7 MCE and played them and they play flawlessly. Usually with WHS V1 there is some studdering on occasion depending on whats going on with the server. So far with WHS 2011, I have seen no problems at all.

Good to hear. I will test out Drive Bender first and see if I can get the same results with streaming my BluRays

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]