It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:19 pm 

Is there a plug in for or a way to install the Quickbooks file manager on the HP StorageWorks X510 Q2051A Data Vault that will allow workstations (PCs) to access the QuickBooks 2011 Enterprise Edition. Most PCs are local but two will be coming in through the internet probably through VPN on the Cisco WRVS4400N Wireless N VPN Router. We really do not care about the other features of the Vault although backup of the workstations is nice.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:21 pm 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

wronkerroom wrote:
Is there a plug in for or a way to install the Quickbooks file manager on the HP StorageWorks X510 Q2051A Data Vault that will allow workstations (PCs) to access the QuickBooks 2011 Enterprise Edition. Most PCs are local but two will be coming in through the internet probably through VPN on the Cisco WRVS4400N Wireless N VPN Router. We really do not care about the other features of the Vault although backup of the workstations is nice.

This may be a stretch, but there is a Quicken Add-In that allows you to install Quicken on WHS. In this case, all workstations can access and run the program as if it is installed locally on the Client PC. It also is advertised to work through remote connections. I've not tried it myself, nor do I have any idea of Quickbooks would run in place of Quicken, but I thought I'd mention it. The website for the add-in is here. You might want to reach out to these folks to see what they say.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank TechVet for this post
wronkerroom
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:45 pm 

Quote:
This may be a stretch, but there is a Quicken Add-In that allows you to install Quicken on WHS. In this case, all workstations can access and run the program as if it is installed locally on the Client PC. It also is advertised to work through remote connections. I've not tried it myself, nor do I have any idea of Quickbooks would run in place of Quicken, but I thought I'd mention it. The website for the add-in is [theofficemaven. You might want to reach out to these folks to see what they say.

Thanks for the info.
The site (theofficemaven.com) has a QuickBooks plug in; but the directions want QuickBooks installed on the DataVault and does not state which version of QuickBooks they will work with. I have not figured out how to install QB on the DataVault as it does not seem to have way to add software. No keyboard, mouse or monitor and no apparent access to the C: drive. (any help would be appreciated here)
I have sent two communiqués to theofficemaven’s tech help and have received no replies. Was hoping there was another company out there that was also writing plug ins for QB.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:16 am 
Founder
Founder

I can't help you with the Quickbooks plugin, but we do have instructions on how to install software on the server: http://www.mediasmartserver.net/wiki/in ... the_server

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank yakuza for this post
wronkerroom
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:20 pm 

Thank you!!!! That gets me half way there. Now I hope to hear from theofficemaven.com about their plug in.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:38 pm 

Hi, I understand this post is a little old but I'm hoping the OP is still around.

I have 3 customers (one is new) with HP data vaults, all x510's if I recall. Two use MYOB which between us we have sorted out, but the new customer used Quickbooks on his old system and wants to continue to use it with the x510 integrated into the network. I'd like to know if the OP had any success with installing quickbooks on the server, as when we run it from the disk it doesn't allow an installation path off the local machine. I have not yet tried the instructions you linked to Yakuza but will be sure to on my next visit to him.

In the meantime any advice either of you could give in regards to this would be much appreciated and may save us hours on the phone. It seems this thread kind of died without the OP posting what his resolution or eventual outcome was.

Thanks