It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:00 am 

On the technical specs here: http://www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/mediasmart-server/#/EXTechnicalPapers/ it shows the EX495 as having two (2) 1.5TB hard drives (at least as of 9:41AM EST on 5 Oct). =P~ However, when you click on the 'Buy Now' link, which performs a magic trick as it takes you to HPShopping since you only get one 1.5TB hard drive there. I called the listed number and tried, in vain, for 45 minutes to get them to sell me the advertised product for the $699 listed price. :evil: I attached the screen capture in a Word document.

They saw the page and the specs, and I was informed that it was a technical glitch and they thanked me for pointing it out for them. That didn't make me feel any better, as I still don't have my server. ](*,) Not sure what to do next... :-k Any advice? By all means, feel free to call to see if you can get the deal. If you get it, let me know so I can try again.

mudhen

Attachment:
File comment: See for yourself.
HP EX 495 - Copy.doc [436.5 KiB]
Downloaded 468 times

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:11 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Yeah, they must have made a mistake. HP will be selling the new business x510 models. Q2052A version comes with 2 1.5TB drives. That`s where they made the error.

Attachments:
info[1].jpg
info[1].jpg [ 50.11 KiB | Viewed 6099 times ]

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:20 am 

Most web site's disclosure statements provide that if there is an error in description or pricing, they do not have to honor it. In this case, the initial description contained an error but the final description before purchasing was correct....and you did not actually purchase it, so you have not been harmed. Seems like you're trying to take advantage of the situation to get something for free that you should not otherwise get it.

As for advice on getting the MSS, if you want it, then buy it. There are some coupon codes floating around that get the price down a bit and if you use bing to purchse, you get another 5% back. All in all, a good deal since this is a newly released product.

MediaSmartServer.net Wiki, it's loaded with helpful information about WHS and the HP MediaSmart Server.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:56 pm 

Quote:
Texas-Hansen: and you did not actually purchase it, so you have not been harmed.

Never said I had been harmed, only that I tried to buy it and they wouldn't let me.

Quote:
Texas-Hansen: Seems like you're trying to take advantage of the situation to get something for free that you should not otherwise get it.

Thanks for the lecture. I have a hard time believing that if you were in the market to buy one and saw that you wouldn't have called. I was pretty sure it was an error, but I figured it was worth a shot. Worst case they say no and I lose a few minutes, best case I'm actually able to buy what they are advertising. They said no, I'll get it somewhere else.

mudhen

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:44 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

They did a very similar mistake with the EX487 server a while back as well.

It was written (epic fail on the person who updates the websites):
blah blah blah and comes with 2 1.5TB drives for lots of space blah blah blah.

What they wanted to write:
blah blah blah and comes with a combined storage of 1.5TB using 2 drives for lots of space blah blah blah.

Luckily they covered their behinds with that little disclaimer that Texas-Hansen mentioned, because I would go ahead and fight it a little too. You can't advertise something and not honor it.

If I went to a local store that had a sign that advertised Intel Core i7 950 for $199, I would stay there for hours to argue with the manager and make a scene as loud as possible to make sure he honored the deal, even though I don't even own a board to put that processor in. :twisted:

Thanks