It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:12 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Hello all, I decided after planning to do this for a while, to re-use my old EX49X chassis that I replaced with a Microserver Gen 8 some time ago. As I upgraded the Gen 8 to Server 2016 WSE from 2012 WSE I have the 2012 WSE license going unused. As such I knew this would install onto the EX49X chassis so checked all my spare drives and took out 2x WD greens 1TB's and 1x WD Black 1TB for the OS.

Cleaned them all and created a bootable USB stick with the ISO, popped that into the lowest port and connected the VOV Debug board to a VGA monitor. Powered it on and was like great this works as I saw the bios boot text and the first stage of the USB loading media then bam, black screen. After checking everything works OK, I repowered and even tried various USB sticks of size, each time the screen goes black, but the monitor is still recieving signal.

After checking again I found that when disconnecting the VGA cable from the debug board and reconnecting it I get the screen output again, but again only for a few seconds before it drops. The Debug board came with the EX49X off ebay when I initially got it and havent had the need to use it as it was already set with the power options as needed.

Has anyone seen or experienced this and if so was there a fix? I have the jumper set to access the BIOS so its not that so could be a ground issue on the debug cable or the VGA cable, (I havent tried another as this cable works perfectly fine with the Gen8)

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:28 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Ive never had a problem with the VOV board. But I havent never tried S16 yet.

If you have a copy of Quatro or Vail, maybe try to load that in and see if video output does the same thing?

ex49x/v1 (toyin w/Vail)
VGA
Q8200s w/two 30mm cooling fans
4gb Ram
Rear Casecover Cooling Mod

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:18 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Hello, thanks for the reply, its not only just when the OS is booted, it happens during the Boot sequence and in the BIOS too

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:36 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Do you have another MSS mobo? Maybe there is an issue with the vid output. If the monitor is proven it's either that or the VOV itself.

ex49x/v1 (toyin w/Vail)
VGA
Q8200s w/two 30mm cooling fans
4gb Ram
Rear Casecover Cooling Mod

Thanks