It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:33 pm 

Hi,

I purchased a EX495 online. I have all the cd's but am having trouble getting this unit to accept the software.

The seller gave me 4 drives, equaling 6TB. The drives don't appear to be formatted. Do they need to be?

The biggest problem I am having is getting into recovery mode, I use the paperclip but the health light only flashes blue. I can catch it flashing white immediately when powering it on, but it eventually goes red giving a bios fail code. It never boots either, just the fans come on and I can see nothing on the screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:38 am 

Hi

I would be more concerned with the BIOS then the recovery drives first. If you have misread the Blink Codes and it turns out to be something else then you may be in better shape.

Does your server have a video port because you mention not being able to see anything on the screen?.

As for a new OS or System Drive you can just pop it into the servers bottom bay and perform in your case a Factory Reset or later if you get it running a Server Recovery which will preserve your data. If its an older drive sometimes its just best to delete all partitions and create a single partition then you can format it or not and your HP Server Software will do the rest. I would recommend installing only the System Drive for this first Server Installation if your able to get that far.

Please review the following: http://www.mediasmartserver.net/wiki/in ... _and_EX495

If your issue is BIOS Related I would begin searching for a copy of the EX490 or EX495 BIOS sometimes these models are just referred to as the EX49x. I believe you may be able to place the BIOS on a FLASH Drive and recover the BIOS with some keystrokes but this information you would need to search for. The other alternative is to see if HP can repair the unit for you or if you purchased it off eBay and it was listed as a fully functional unit then file a claim so you can return the unit and get your funds back or contact the seller.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks