It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:53 am 

Thank you very much. The Backplanes a indeed CFI as well.

If Gardian does purchase a San Digital Unit he can compare the numbers from your pictures plus he mentioned something about his Lian Li EX503 enclosure and I wonder if it may have the same backplane.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:56 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Man I thought that I read Ruben Rocha saying his 5 bay enclosure only dropped out on WHSv1. I figured since I was using WS2012e I would hook mine back up start my server backups and try it again. I loaded 4 drives into the 5 bay enclosure and wouldn't you know it not even 24hrs later and Im getting watchdog errors from falling out drives. Windows and Drivepool absolutely did not like that. Gardian let us know when you get your enclosure. Looks like Im either getting a new case or new parts.

Great job serverlad, I think this is zwesome. Have you rebooted under esata after initial set up to make sure everything recovers correctly? My enclosure started giving issue on reboot now. I had to remove everything but the server OS back up drive.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:31 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

T-Bone wrote:
Man I thought that I read Ruben Rocha saying his 5 bay enclosure only dropped out on WHSv1. I figured since I was using WS2012e I would hook mine back up start my server backups and try it again. I loaded 4 drives into the 5 bay enclosure and wouldn't you know it not even 24hrs later and Im getting watchdog errors from falling out drives. Windows and Drivepool absolutely did not like that. Gardian let us know when you get your enclosure. Looks like Im either getting a new case or new parts.

Great job serverlad, I think this is zwesome. Have you rebooted under esata after initial set up to make sure everything recovers correctly? My enclosure started giving issue on reboot now. I had to remove everything but the server OS back up drive.

Hi T-Bone

Yes rebooted several times and so far no problems, removed drives and add them to the pool again and as I said no problems, touch wood all will be ok

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:19 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Sweet. I sent my 5-bay unit in for repair while I save up for this unit. I told them about this thread and that there seemed to be a newer firmware then the model I have. He said that there is a new backplane that supports 6Gbps so they are going to swap mine out for this. hopefully this solves my drop out issues and improves stability.

Comp1962 did you ever hear back from sans digital?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:15 am 

Hi T-Bone,

Unfortunately I have not heard back from Sans Digital and I had sent out two emails to different parts of the company. Typically they get back to me in a couple days but not this go around.

Hopefully the updated board will resolve your issue. I look forward to hearing how it works out for you. All I know is the drive drop out issue is a major PITA but in the end it did help me build my Highlander Server and its turned out to be one of the best things I have ever built and in July it will be 3 yrs old.

When your unit comes back can you take a picture of the backplane so I can see the board number and BIOS Version. That way if I ever order another backplane I can try to get the one you have if it works out well for you.

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:53 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

So i sent in my unit and they tested it and said no issues at all. Which is totally not what I experience here. I asked that they replace the back plane with the 6Gbps one to make sure I get the newest incarnation of the firmware. I can't say this will work or if the faster board will give me any noticeable speed bumps. I should get the unit on tuesday. i can't wait because I would feel safer to be able to start backing up some folders on my server. and be able to move the rest of my data off my old server. I need to give it a reinstall. I broke a few features on WHSv1 trying to so a few things.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:57 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Serverlad hows the unit doing? haven't heard anything in a while so Im going to assume no new means good news.

Gardian, where you able to get a unit from sans digital? how did that work out?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:18 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Here is the picks of the new backplane I just got my unit back today.

Attachments:
image-1.jpeg
image-1.jpeg [ 2.2 MiB | Viewed 10902 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 1.89 MiB | Viewed 10902 times ]
Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:47 pm 

Thanks for the pics. Definitely a different animal then what I have seen before. Hopefully your drop out issues will be a thing of the past and I look forward to hearing how it works out for you. Might take a month or two to know for sure but I hope it works out.

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:19 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Thanks comp Ill keep you posted

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank T-Bone for this post
Jscholl24
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:17 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Hi all, been some time since I purchased my unit and so far all is great (touch wood) I was just wondering if anyone else had purchased a unit

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:44 pm 

Hello T-Bone- Did the new Backpane work for you? I am looking at ordering one to replace in my TR5M +B to solve the drop Out issues I am facing.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6