It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:25 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I was running a server restore after a recent issue and unbeknownst to me, the system drive was not spinning up. As a result, the WHS v1 OS was installed on one of my two data drives. I didn't notice this until it was too late and once it was up and running, I was having a number of issues.

I decided to replace the OS drive with a new one and re-run the server restore but since I didn't do anything to the data drive with the OS installed, I think the system doesn't like two drives both with the OS installed. I pulled the two data drives and viewed them on my Windows 7 system and it appears as if one does have the SYS partition along with a DATA partition (the other drive only has a DATA partition). Can I simply delete the SYS partition from my data drive and then re-install everything on my new OS drive and still retain my data from the two previous data drives? While I have most of my data backed up on the cloud, I would rather rely on that as a last resort (since it's 350 GB and will take a year to restore). Any ideas or assistance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!