It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: Resurrected EX490
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:41 am 

Hello all. First and foremost, I want to express my gratitude for the information shared here on the forum. I lurked for about a month before finally registering, after my second-hand EX490 sort of crapped the bed.

I had been trying (unsuccessfully) on a couple older hard drives to install either OS X Lion or Ubuntu, mostly out of curiosity and the fact that all my home machines are running Lion. I'm not entirely certain what happened, but at some point, I lost the ability to connect to the server and eventually even lost my health LED. I kept trying to connect via server recovery but never was successful. Finally, I read someplace on here that removing the CMOS battery could help restore the BIOS. At the where I was, I would've been happy just to have the thing be operational!

Suffice it to say, after disassembling the unit and removing the CMOS battery, restoring (twice, as the first one failed due to my computer having two ethernet ports and timing out), and spending hours becoming well-acquainted with the unit, I'm a happy camper again.

Thanks,
J

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: Resurrected EX490
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:35 am 
Founder
Founder

Glad to hear you were able to get it working again and that the site helped you, thanks for sharing your story and welcome! :mss:

Thanks