It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:57 am 

Has anyone attempted a clean install (not HP recovery) of WHS v1 (the version based on server 2003) on their HP EX490?
For some reason whenever the install gets to a certain point, it blue screens with an error about a possible virus or drivers for the sata controller.
It's odd as during the beginning of the installation, the installer had no problems seeing the drive and formatting/configuring it.
I popped the drive into another PC and let the installation continue, with no error messages. Based on this it would seem the issue is purely with the hardware of the EX490.
Any suggestions?

Poet :encore:

RAM: 4GB
Storage: Pooled storage running DriveBender 1.2.5
* 1 x 1tb OS
* 5 x 2tb pool
* 1 x 600gb pool

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:32 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I had similar problems with the RAID controller driver for my EX470. Not sure if same RAID chip as the EX490 but probably same reason for failure.

Windows installation from MS WHS DVD needs to be slipstreamed. Actaully I needed to add two drivers for the EX470; one for the Windows Installer and one for Windows 2003 (WHS).

I google searched for info on building my installation DVD. Used a mix of mutliple suggestions but a good starter I found was article by Terry Walsh...... http://www.wegotserved.com/2008/07/03/h ... ation-dvd/

It's certainly great to have a WHS v1 without all the HP added stuff like Firefly, postgreSQL, HP Update, their web, etc.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:40 am 
Founder
Founder

The textmode part of the install also needs the drivers for the SATA controller, a USB floppy drive will work if you have access to one.

Thanks