It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:33 pm 

Hello!

I Hope there is a little life in this forum, so i can figure out my issue,

I found my two EX940 servers from their hidding spots in my cabinet the other day, not used for years..

I tought it could be fun to play around with them again and see if i can find any purpose for them again..

But i ran immediately into trouble with installing OS on the server..

I have tried, WHS11, windows 7, windows 8.1 and windows 10.

But it seems like i cant install or it wont boot from my USB drive. and that is on both on my serveres.. not just one of them, both has the same issue.
I have tried making my USB dreve bootable in varity of ways to try different methods.

But i always being meet with my health light blinking in:

Blinking only in solid blue.
Blinking in only solid red.
Blinking in 2 blue 3 red.

So if there is anyone out there still playing around with your servers please let me if you know how to solve my issue, and tell me is windows 10 is even possible to install on the machine.

:sanjuan:

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:15 am 
Founder
Founder

I have a guide on installing WHS2011 on the servers here:
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/04 ... rt-server/

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:20 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Hi and welcome, there is still a little bit of life left in this forum.

First question is, have you got a VGA debug cable for either of your EX490's or are you trying to install these OS's headless?

If you're installing anything other than WHSv1 from the HP discs that came with the server, your health light is going to flash.

The bootable USB drive needs to be in the bottom usb socket on the back of the server and you also need to make sure you don't have a hard drive inserted in the bottom drive bay.

If you just want to check if the hardware is still functioning, you might want to try creating a bootable USB with something like UNRAID on it, as once booted this will create a web interface that you can connect to from another computer on the network to check on the functionality of the EX490s.

Stock Ram
HGST 1 x 2TB, 3 x 8TB

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:28 am 

yakuza wrote:
I have a guide on installing WHS2011 on the servers here:

I will take a look on your guide, somehow i have not come by that one on my google search on my issues and methods i have been looking for.
Thanks, i will post if it works or not!.

Banquo73 wrote:
Hi and welcome, there is still a little bit of life left in this forum.

First question is, have you got a VGA debug cable for either of your EX490's or are you trying to install these OS's headless?

If you're installing anything other than WHSv1 from the HP discs that came with the server, your health light is going to flash.

The bootable USB drive needs to be in the bottom usb socket on the back of the server and you also need to make sure you don't have a hard drive inserted in the bottom drive bay.

If you just want to check if the hardware is still functioning, you might want to try creating a bootable USB with something like [url]UNRAID[/url] on it, as once booted this will create a web interface that you can connect to from another computer on the network to check on the functionality of the EX490s.

Yes, i inserted my flash drive in the bottom usb slot, and the harddrive i want to install my system in is also inserted in the bottom drive bay.
Keep getting my health light disco flashing at me .

Thanks