It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:01 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

http://209.34.241.68/homeserver/archive ... uters.aspx

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:26 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I will say. I really like the newly enhanced Media Center integration. That TV Archive button is exactly what Media Center needed. I know you can probably do it manually with scripts or add-ons, but I try to get away with as few add-ons as I can when the quality of said add-ons can be sketchy. I only use Media Center occasionally on my PC, but this might give me a reason to check it out more often. I just hope they remember to include extender support. The other Windows 7 integration is cool, but until I move my home network over to Windows 7 (which will be in October) I don't have much use for it.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:01 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Anyone mange to successfully install this on unofficial 2.5 HP update for EX47X series servers? When I installed powerpack 3, I had issues updating the connector software.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:31 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

jumran wrote:
Anyone mange to successfully install this on unofficial 2.5 HP update for EX47X series servers? When I installed powerpack 3, I had issues updating the connector software.

I have not had a problem with the connector, it recognised an update and ran itself then asked to reboot. The only problem I had was that I do NOT have the Console icon in MCE7 and the TV archive logo it different that the ones posted on sites.

Attachments:
WHS_MCE.PNG
WHS_MCE.PNG [ 270.5 KiB | Viewed 24635 times ]

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:11 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

SOLVED: Found the solution here; http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-U ... ta/threads

It's been moved to EXTRAS

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:50 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Diehard,
Have you been successful at getting the PP3 Media Center Connector Setup to run on anything but a Win 7 box? I have all the functionality of PP3 running on my Win7 box but cannot get the Media Center Connector Setup program to run on my VMC client.

See my post here if you would like more info about my issue.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4901&p=41966#p41966

George

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:07 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi George,
It doesn't say that the Media Center enhancements can be used on Vista machines, but then again why not, from what i read so far. The screen shot does show a Windows 7 machine, http://blogs.technet.com/homeserver/ I read that some are having problems with x64 Win7. If I see more, I will post back.

:sanjuan:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:17 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Diehard wrote:
Hi George,
It doesn't say that the Media Center enhancements can be used on Vista machines, but then again why not, from what i read so far. The screen shot does show a Windows 7 machine, http://blogs.technet.com/homeserver/ I read that some are having problems with x64 Win7. If I see more, I will post back.

Yeah, I wondered about that too. Unfortantly, I don't want to start recording .wtv files with Win7 on my MC machine. If it were not for that, I will install Win7 RC on it too. BTW, I am using 32 bit Win7 so maybe there could be an issue with 64bit. I have noticed no problems yet on my Win 7 machine with PP3. Looks great! I am really "chomping at the bit" to use the TV Archive and "compressed files" options PP3 provides. :D

Thanks for your input, Diehard. I look forward to other post if you find anyting out in your search.
George

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:03 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I got it working as well after reinstalling it.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:16 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

jumran wrote:
I got it working as well after reinstalling it.

I have tried reinstalling. No joy. :(
George

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:29 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Diehard wrote:
Hi George,

Hey Diehard,
On a post over as the MS Communities WHS forum, some people are telling me the have PP3 running on their Vista machines. Oddly enought, they cannot get it to run on their Win7 machines. I think most of those, however, are 64 bit and that may be part of the issue.

FYI
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whspowerpack3beta/thread/41685e35-2e13-4165-b78f-7a8d542b68b3

George

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:06 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi George, yep, looks like it's Win7 64 bit's not working or problematic. Mine is 32 bit, the install.cmd didn't work the first time for me. Maybe a typo on my part, so I installed each piece separately. Then I decided to give the uninstall a try. A lot of folks forgot to uninstall PP2 beta and were not getting the update when it was available through Windows Update.

What exactly is going on with your install ? When you RDC into the \\myservername goes here\Software\Windows Home Server Power Pack 3 Beta 1\ share and double click install.cmd what happens ? Have your tried installing the Windows Search then the Search patch then PP3 separately ?

After re-reading your post, looks like you have PP3 installed, it's just the Media Center connector your having issues with, right ? So is it that the warning doesn't pop up in MCE ?

Did your connector software automatically install and ask to reboot before running the MCE part ?

Can you look in the Console under Setting and then Resource to see if the updates were installed. All version should be 6.0.2361.0 except DE 6.0.2030.0

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:49 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Diehard wrote:
After re-reading your post, looks like you have PP3 installed, it's just the Media Center connector your having issues with, right ? So is it that the warning doesn't pop up in MCE ?

Did your connector software automatically install and ask to reboot before running the MCE part ?

Can you look in the Console under Setting and then Resource to see if the updates were installed. All version should be 6.0.2361.0 except DE 6.0.2030.0

Yes, I am only having trouble getting the Media Center Connector Setup to run on my VMC Machine. My Win7 machine is working great but I don't have a TV source connected to my Win7 machine so can't test the PP3 Beta fully from there.

I don't recall the install asking me to reboot the VMC machine or my Win7 machine, but I'm working with geezer memory here :D . But I have rebooted the VMC machine since the install and still no help.

Yes, the console versions are as you indicated.

Here is a link to my MS Connect bug. It may anwser some more quesitons for you. The bug I submitted has been validated by 5 other beta testers and MS just emailed me and asked for the CABS so I hope that means they are giving my bug report a high priority.

Link to Bug report on Connect:
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=475405

George

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:48 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

George,

I just thought of something I forgot to ask, do you have a TV tuner card in your PC ?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:04 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Diehard wrote:
George,

I just thought of something I forgot to ask, do you have a TV tuner card in your PC ?

Yes. This one:
Attachment:
ScreenHunter_03 Jul. 20 00.03.gif
ScreenHunter_03 Jul. 20 00.03.gif [ 26.23 KiB | Viewed 24369 times ]

Thanks  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]