It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:22 pm 

just happened to see this deal on newegg.com
you get the acer easy store H340 (comes with a 1TB drive) Free Shipping and for now atleast a free second 1TB drive.
2TB WHS for 399 shipped ain't bad at all.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.205781

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:29 am 
Founder
Founder

That is indeed a tough price to beat, thanks for sharing the deal.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:20 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I bought the H340 as a second server and it works well. The main differences to consider are that the box runs a little warmer than the MSS due to the passive cooling of the atom processor and the single 120mm fan on the side vent is not as eficient at exhausting as the dual fans on the MSS. The system does still run within specs and the atom processor seems to be sufficient for my needs of this box. The price was far less than the MSS with more storage. I have no doubt that Acer will be selling many of these units. It is a cost effective way for a person to begin life in the WHS world without spending the money that the MSS costs. $399.00 with 1TB of storage and 2GB of memory can't be beat currently.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:46 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

clc4912 wrote:
I bought the H340 as a second server and it works well. The main differences to consider are that the box runs a little warmer than the MSS due to the passive cooling of the atom processor and the single 120mm fan on the side vent is not as eficient at exhausting as the dual fans on the MSS. The system does still run within specs and the atom processor seems to be sufficient for my needs of this box. The price was far less than the MSS with more storage. I have no doubt that Acer will be selling many of these units. It is a cost effective way for a person to begin life in the WHS world without spending the money that the MSS costs. $399.00 with 1TB of storage and 2GB of memory can't be beat currently.

FWIW I read over at WGS http://forum.wegotserved.com/index.php?showtopic=9341 flipped the fan over to reduce the temps.

Thanks