It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:12 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I have a Shuttle WHS server with a RocketRaid esata raid card installed, which is attached to 7TB esata enclosure (this is mapped as a share to the WHS and not included in the drive pool) that was working perfectly. However now if I try to write a large file to the raid my WHS server cycles between a minute or so of lock up coming back to life for 3-5 seconds only to repeat this behavior during the copy process(which now takes forever) if I cancel the copy(during one of the 3-5 second back to life slots) then all comes back to normal, but I can't work out why writing a large file to the raid is now not possible (I can read large files from the raid with no problems). I rebuilt the raid array and reinstalled WHS but to no avail, has anyone else seen this type of behavior.

Thx Tech

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:01 pm 
Founder
Founder

I've not heard of this, you might try installing the card in another PC and try your large file copy to see if the behavior follows the enclosure/card or is limited to the server interacting with the enclosure.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:40 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

yakuza wrote:
I've not heard of this, you might try installing the card in another PC and try your large file copy to see if the behavior follows the enclosure/card or is limited to the server interacting with the enclosure.

Thats a good idea, I will try that tonight. This started to happen after I added a WD Grenn 1TB disk to the server and someone suggested that was the cause.

Well I connected it to my server2008 and it flies, over 5G in 60 secs, so it was the adding of a second drive to the WHS server, yuck that is a nasty bug.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:54 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

techaholic wrote:
yakuza wrote:

Thats a good idea, I will try that tonight. This started to happen after I added a WD Grenn 1TB disk to the server and someone suggested that was the cause.

Well I connected it to my server2008 and it flies, over 5G in 60 secs, so it was the adding of a second drive to the WHS server, yuck that is a nasty bug.

The new installed fixed the problem... adding a new drive to your WHS can be risky....

Thanks