It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:24 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Hello to all:

My friend is building a DIY home server with a Intel Quad 9550
processor. The motherboard he is using is GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775, I have heard that the motherboard wont work with the processor unless you flash the bios and bring it up to V9.

this is somthing that I have never done and would rather not do.

Gigabyte site claims it will support the processor at V4. Does anyone know if as is the motherboard will work with this Processor.

Regards,
Don

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:18 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

llcooldon wrote:
Hello to all:

processor. The motherboard he is using is GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775, I have heard that the motherboard wont work with the processor unless you flash the bios and bring it up to V9.

Gigabyte site claims it will support the processor at V4. Does anyone know if as is the motherboard will work with this Processor.

Regards,
Don

well at first Don why do you need so much power? i think a quadcore gonna use much watt/power
1. why u need so much power?
2. every though of the engergy cunsomtion bill?

anyways why would i care upgrading the motherboard is not hard really some motherboards can be upgraded by flashing it just in windows like the most asus motherboards or else u need to put it somewhere and boot in to your bios and then upgrade it from there i need to do that on my older pcs in the house dont know how its today whith the newer motherboards the worst thing that can go wrong is that u cant boot up your pc anymore so read everything good and take the time.

Good luck

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:56 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

llcooldon wrote:
Hello to all:

Regards,
Don

I'd go with the GA-EP45-UD3R instead. You have no need for crossfire and having Raid 1 available will be nice for your system drive. In fact I run WHS on a Q8200/GA-EP45-UD3R and I'm very happy with it.

Rather not wanting to do a bios update it is not the right thing. You should update the bios before starting the install process of any OS. The latest bios contains the latest fixes from the manufacturer. Now if you system was already up and running and stable there would be no need to update the bios.

Thanks