It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: Norco 4224 Fan Questions
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:26 pm 

Hello,
I'm about to pull the trigger and get myself finally a Norco 4224, but have a few questions about the middle fan board.
I am going to replace the rear case fans with the Noctua NF-R8 has anyone replace the centre ones with these as well as opposed to going to the new 120mm fan bracket? My only problem with going with the fan bracket is the the NORCO SAS cables going to the back plane dont line up as nicely and seem to have a tight bend in then where as if you use the 80mm ones they will still line up.
Also if I was to upgrade to the 120mm Fan bracket does the power strip from the 80mm bit straight onto the 120mm one?
Any advice would be great.
Thanks

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:13 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

vossy wrote:
Hello,
I'm about to pull the trigger and get myself finally a Norco 4224, but have a few questions about the middle fan board.
I am going to replace the rear case fans with the Noctua NF-R8 has anyone replace the centre ones with these as well as opposed to going to the new 120mm fan bracket? My only problem with going with the fan bracket is the the NORCO SAS cables going to the back plane dont line up as nicely and seem to have a tight bend in then where as if you use the 80mm ones they will still line up.
Also if I was to upgrade to the 120mm Fan bracket does the power strip from the 80mm bit straight onto the 120mm one?
Any advice would be great.
Thanks

It's not a problem to bend the sas cables. They will still work just fine when bent. I'm sorry, but I can't help with the fan board power strip question. However, you can call or email NORCO and they will be able to answer your question.

Thanks