It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:27 pm 

festiva wrote:
Sorry for the delay in getting for information on the touchscreen installation of my LX195. I'll provide more detailed information and a few pics. I'd be glad to answer any questions.

1. I purchased a Startech USB2VGA adapter. The adapter could probably be purchased from startech.com although I got mine off ebay. From my laptop, I copied from the installation CD the setup file into the shared software folder then connected via remote desktop, transferred the file onto the server desktop and followed the install instructions. After a restart, the adapter icon was present in the taskbar. In device manager/display adapters I disabled the Intel 82945G and USB 2.0 VGA (Mirror). The only device enabled was the USB 2.0 VGA (Extend).

2. For the Lilliput 619GL touchscreen monitor, the installation was fairly easy but I did have problems with the drivers on the included cd. I had success with the "all in one" driver downloaded from the Lilliput website... I installed the driver prior to connecting, powering up the touchscreen and restarting the server.

3. After restart, the video portion of the touchscreen worked fine but I was unable to enter the login information without an on screen keyboard. I searched and found a free keyboard that would appear at the login screen. Download tbkvw32.exe from: After extracting, you need to go to the installation folder and then execute the setup file. It will not work without doing this second step. This keyboard disappears after login.

4. I then found a nice on screen keyboard at freevirtualkeyboard.com that I use after the server has started up and is running.

Make note that all downloaded files were downloaded on my laptop and transferred to the server in the same manner as the file in step 1.

Although I wasn't really sure that the touchscreen would work, the whole process was not that difficult. I have the mControl home automation software WHS addin on the server and use the touchscreen frequently to program and operate it.

I've included a few finished pics. Sorry for the resolution, they were taken with my phone.

Daniel
Attachment:
IMAG0083.jpg

good thing i came across this post and it kinda helped me setup my custom WHS BOX with an ELO TOUCHMONITOR.

only issue i have right now is i am unable to LOGIN with the LENOVO virtual keyboard that you are using. how are you able to do a CTRL+ALT+DEL combo on the keyboard when all it lets me do is the CTRL+ALT keys? when i press the DEL key it deactivates the CTRL+ALT combo...

thank you for your input/s

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:03 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Sorry for the delay. I don't hit control-alt-delete on the keyboard. The keyboard comes on the screen when the login screen does after restart. I think I disabled the login screen requirement every where else except for restart.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:47 pm 

thanks for the reply. kinda figured out the same way as you did.. i disabled CTRL+ALT+DEL requirement on log--on

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:16 pm 

I guest for do that you have to enable the jumper #2 right? or is just to plug the usb2vga conector alone?.

I'm happy to say that I buy one LX195 server today.

Regards,
Jeffrey

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:24 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I assume that you could use this screen instead and avoid the VGA/USB adapter?

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/monitors/sams ... -49304849/

Best regards

Thanks