It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:46 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Sounds more like the Server Restore didn't work properly, when you did the restore it should have asked you to put the server name and also the Administrator password. Try the restore process again and make sure you remove any client software on the PC you start it from.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:02 pm 

Can someone please pass me a link to the EX470 Disks?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:36 pm 

Cougar:

You were right. The Server Restore process wouldn't run from a Windows 7 Home Premium PC, so I dragged my Windows XP box downstairs and it seems to be getting much farther. Just wanted to say thanks and share my experience in case anyone else runs into the same issue. Looks like the Server Restore process is designed for a Windows XP box, not a Windows 7 box. At least that's what I saw: the second part of the restore (after the server OS is re-applied) never kicks off, so you can't run the first-time setup process from Windows 7.

So far so good on my Windows XP box (fingers crossed).

SteffJay: thanks for the PM!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:46 pm 

Just tried to purchase disks from HP...Nada.

Can I please get the link for my EX475?

Thanks!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:27 pm 

Got a new hard drive from the wife this christmas (yay! thanks honey!!!!) and decided to finally do a fresh install to my 470 mediasmart to the 3.0 upgrade and just called HP mediasmart support and found out (like you all knew a month ago) that they discontinued the "promotion" and the tech guy called it. I've been a reader of the forums for about a year now when I need some info this is the first place I go to search for help, thanks everyone who has written guides, add-ons im indebted. My server would be a shadow of itself without your posts and walkthroughs!

When I stumbled upon this post I registered and I also have a request to make for the 3.0 470 image if it would be too much of a problem. I've heard HP is indifferent to how we get the discs now that they don not continue to sell the product. No different then borrowing the discs from a friend, or buying them from a 3rd party like ebay since no keys to install, the hardware is all you need, and thats what the sales support guy said. I thought about torrent, but figured that might not be the best idea. Maybe use that as a last resort if it comes to that. Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. for fresh install i still need only 1 image right? The Server Recovery disc? or do i need the Server Installation disc as well... i seem to recall 3 discs that came from HP support that they sent me for the 1.0

Thanks for the PM! Your help is invalueable :sanjuan:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:05 pm 

I am in the same situation with an EX470 server. I will need 3.0 update disks also.

Thanks

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:45 am 

Looking for the ex470 v3.0 disks as well to download

any help appreciated

thanks

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:54 am 

Could I get a link to the ex470/475 3.0 Recovery? Thanks!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:33 pm 

Hi Guys,

Like an idiot :( I have lost all my disks, I have just brought both the EX470 and EX475 model and would like the:

-PC recovery and
-Server recovery disks

I think thats all i had, if i am missing any disks could you please let me know

please can someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance :cheers:
Eggy

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:09 am 

I am also looking for the server recovery disc for an EX470. Does anyone have an .iso?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:00 pm 

Hi, I was looking for an MSS EX470/475 3.0 system installation disk. Could someone help me out?
I've been looking on Ebay for the past couple weeks, but gave up and am hoping someone can upload an iso for me.

Thanks!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:17 am 

I have my ex470 for about 2 years. Upgraded memory to 2G ,changed CPU to 1460. Installed everything was OK.Than I forgot about it, now about 2 years later I decided to use it and I see there is update to 3.0. After trying to find on net, I found super slow torrent, so I gave up. If somebody PLEASE can tell me where can I get update would appreciate.
THANK YOU.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:38 pm 

Hello,I got an HP EX470 that I bought used and it came with a dead power supply and some of the hard drives were damaged.I was not able to get an original power supply but after of a lot looking around in the net I was able to find the right power supply pin out voltages and I managed to get another power supply going after I cut and solder the cables in the right order for the hp server.After I connected the power supply It started okey and working but I,m not able to install anything in the machine I installed four new 500 gigs hard disks.Is there any way I could get The hp MediaSmart recovery discs to see if with them I,ll be able to reover the system?thanks.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:20 pm 

Yes I am another one who didn't receive software installation disc. I was excited about getting this, can anyone help with an .iso?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:31 pm 

Hi there,

i will also need the server recovery disc v3.0 for my ex 470, because HP won't send me the v3.

Thanks in advance...

Mau

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next