It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:38 pm 

What are the odds you might PM myself the 3.0 recovery discs also? My MSS took a dive the other night and I'm in the middle of moving. The discs are buried in one of many boxes, I just don't know which.... Thanks

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:38 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Hey Stef,

Can I get the link for 3.0 ISO as well? It appears, HP is no longer offering the 3.0 on their site for sale, thanks in advance!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:44 pm 

I'm trying to do an upgrade for my EX475 from MediaSmart server software v 1.8 to v3.0 but it looks like i missed HPs window to purchase the upgrade recovery disc.

Can i get a link to download as well?

Thanks

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:55 pm 

Hi SteffJay,
I have a never-been-opened EX470 that I am getting ready to put into service. I obviously missed the window on ordering the v3 discs and would also like to ask for a link to the updates. Sorry for asking on my first post.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:30 pm 

SteffJay,

I'm also in the same boat....I need both 470 and 475 server disks.....god, I must have spent a full day looking for these at HP. HP's support are completely rediculous.....in an effort to force you into the higher end products, they don't even support these models anymore...

Thanks in advance!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:12 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

anjin333 wrote:
SteffJay,

I'm also in the same boat....I need both 470 and 475 server disks.....god, I must have spent a full day looking for these at HP. HP's support are completely rediculous.....in an effort to force you into the higher end products, they don't even support these models anymore...

Thanks in advance!

They are both the same !!!

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank SteffJay for this post
CadManBob
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:28 pm 

Cool....glad to know they are the same....I still need the server recovery disk though. Would you be so kind as to allow me access to the .iso image? Thanks very much!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:40 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Dusted off my retired EX470 and went to the HP site to order the 3.0 upgrade DVD. I won't bother with the rest of the story as you all know the answer.

A little help, please?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:45 pm 

I am in the same boat, have an EX470, tried to buy the DVD's (very late), and missed the window with my first post, would like to get a pointer, anything about the ISO's...

Thx...

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:17 pm 

Need to do a server recovery on my EX470. PM me the most up to date disk info?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:12 pm 

I'd love to give HP money for an EX-470 recovery disc...but, as we well know they're not selling. I just bought an EX-490 (thought I'd jump on a newer machine while I could) but want to donate the EX-470 to my son. He's got Macs, so I'd love to install the V3 software on it. I tried using the EX-490 server recovery disc but it stops at step 2...both the server and the PC it's attached to get DHCP addresses, so my guess is that the EX-490 server recovery software won't work with an EX-470.

So...I'll join the chorus of people asking for a PM to a link for a disc image, and thanks in advance for the help.

--Jim

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:35 pm 

Hi there. I am in a similar situation just returning from a 2 year overseas assignment and can't find my original cd's nor can purchase 3.0 from HP. Can someone provide me a copy?
Thanks!
:whs:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:15 pm 

So sorry, me too.

I'm helping my parents with their EX470 and we can't locate the original discs that came with the server. I have the server recovery disc (found it on a torrent site somewhere) but do not have the Client Installation Disc or the Client Recovery Disc.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:36 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

The Client Install CD isn't needed, you can just connect to \\SERVERNAME\Software\Home Server Connector Software and install the correct client code from the server. The one on the CD would be outdated. The latest Client Recovery Disc can be downloaded from Microsoft.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:11 am 

Cougar:

You're right: I meant to say "Server Installation Disc". I had to restore the server, so no need for the "Client Installation Disc".

I think, though, I need the Server Installation Disc. When I try installing the Connector Software from the disc, it complains that the version wasn't downloaded from my server.

And when I try to download the Connector Software from the server, I can't get to the \\SERVERNAME\Software\Home Server Connector Software path because it prompts me for a username/password I don't have. I think I need to run the first time server setup that will create user accounts on the server which I vaguely remember being part of what happens when you run the Server Installation Disc. Unless there's a default username/password that the server restore process puts on the box? Does anyone know what that might be? (The good news is the server appears on the network and responds to pings and challenges SMB clients for a username/password, which is better than where it was before I ran the server restore process.)

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next