It is currently Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:42 pm 
Offline
Bonhomme
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:49 am
Posts: 73
Location: Quebec,Canada
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 2 times in 1 post
I did remove some comment that I sais.
I do apologize for the comment I said
If I did insult,offend or get people mad.
I do sincerely apologize.

_________________
Jacques

Sorry for my english but the french part of me take over some times.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:37 am 
Offline
Bonhomme
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:49 am
Posts: 73
Location: Quebec,Canada
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 2 times in 1 post
You guys are asking "why the apologi?"

This is why I did my apologies.

I was reading back the post and I thought that I sonded like a jirk
Let me explain
1 the man on the moon was to exaggerated on my part.
2 the ways that I answer some comment I thought I was sarcastic on my answer.
This is why I did remove some comment that I wrote
This is why the apologies

_________________
Jacques

Sorry for my english but the french part of me take over some times.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:01 am 
Offline
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 10:27 pm
Posts: 704
Location: Round Rock, TX
Thanks: 26
Thanked: 22 times in 22 posts
I appreciate that you're polite enough to remove what you thought might be offensive. Way to many people on the "internets" are quite rude and just don't care. I much prefer that we police ourselves rather than mods doing it. Good job.

_________________
HP MSS EX490, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, 1TB System drive, 6TB Storage pool managed by StableBit DrivePool


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:09 pm 
Offline
Bonhomme
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:49 am
Posts: 73
Location: Quebec,Canada
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 2 times in 1 post
TxDot wrote:
I appreciate that you're polite enough to remove what you thought might be offensive. Way to many people on the "internets" are quite rude and just don't care. I much prefer that we police ourselves rather than mods doing it. Good job.


That is what I was looking for "police ourselves"
Becose when I raid this post this morning I did not like what I had written the night before.
So I made the changes and the apologies,

Thank you TxDot for writing your reply.

_________________
Jacques

Sorry for my english but the french part of me take over some times.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:48 pm 
Offline
ubermensch

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 750
Thanks: 3
Thanked: 3 times in 1 post
Jacmay wrote:
TxDot wrote:
I appreciate that you're polite enough to remove what you thought might be offensive. Way to many people on the "internets" are quite rude and just don't care. I much prefer that we police ourselves rather than mods doing it. Good job.


That is what I was looking for "police ourselves"
Becose when I raid this post this morning I did not like what I had written the night before.
So I made the changes and the apologies,

Thank you TxDot for writing your reply.


I would like to make very clear to everyone that Jacques has thought that he had said something wrong because he mis-understood something I had said to him in a PM, which was unrelated to this thread. This was my fault. There was a small fart in the language barrier, and I take full responsibility for this result. Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mia Maxima Culpa.


I think I can easily say that this guy has never said an offensive word here, and possibly no place else.

Now stop apologizing :D :D

_________________
This Space For Rent


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:24 pm 
Offline
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:17 pm
Posts: 1111
Location: Roseville, California
Thanks: 10
Thanked: 22 times in 21 posts
Exactly back to business haha!!

Jacmay I was wondering if the neon green plastic is for looks or serves a purpose? Im still very much considerin this mod. Also, Can I Mod the cables I just bought or do I have to make new ones?


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:15 pm 
Offline
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:52 pm
Posts: 144
Location: Montréal, QC
Thanks: 5
Thanked: 9 times in 9 posts
Jacmay, this is amazing work. Well done. I can certainly understand why you didn't want to drill holes in your MSS. I also prefer "reversible" mods, maybe it means I'm afraid of commitment :lol: (but that's the wrong forum to discuss this!)

For your next project, may I suggest the twin enclosure pictured in your avatar? :D

:mss:

_________________
Ben.

HP EX470 w/PP3, 8.0TB (2x500GB, 5x1TB+1x2TB WD Green Drives, 2GB RAM), TR4M-B
PC1: Desktop, Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
PC2: Media Center, Windows 7 Home Premium (x32)
PC3: Desktop, Windows XP Pro SP3 (x32)
PC4: EeePC, Windows 7 Home Premium (x32)


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:15 pm 
Offline
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:17 pm
Posts: 1111
Location: Roseville, California
Thanks: 10
Thanked: 22 times in 21 posts
I was thinking about Doing a setup a little like this but see if i can make it so that a HDD fits in the base. You can either use this drive as a repository for applications, you dont want to put on the system partion of the main drive of to store the backups from Yakuza's WHSBDBS add-in. Just need to figure out how to get a little bit of power dont there to power the drive. Or I could get a Seagate freeagent Go as it is self contained and all Ill have to do it route a usb cord out the back

Does the MSS support Power over esata?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/01/18 ... nnounced/1


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:18 am 
Offline
Bonhomme
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:49 am
Posts: 73
Location: Quebec,Canada
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 2 times in 1 post
tbone7467 wrote:
Exactly back to business haha!!

Jacmay I was wondering if the neon green plastic is for looks or serves a purpose? Im still very much considerin this mod. Also, Can I Mod the cables I just bought or do I have to make new ones?


That neon plastic is gas line for trimmer or chainsaw, I cut gas line on one side.
It is made by Tygon, F-4040-A, is ID .117 in, OD .211 in, Wall .047 in,
It's purpose is for preventing air from getting in from the base, I wanted the airflow over the CPU
I did not found any gas line that was black.

I don't know if you can mod your cables.
I know that your VGA connector is ok as for the PS2 I don't know how you can get them
to connect ( hold ) on the base mod
I don't know how long are your cables, I took at the max 3 feet long cables
Becose you have to consider the lenght of the base + lenght of the power supply when it is out of the mss +
the lenght of the cables when you connect it to the motherboard.

you may end up doing new cables :(

Hope that did help answer your question

_________________
Jacques

Sorry for my english but the french part of me take over some times.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:20 am 
Offline
Bonhomme
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:49 am
Posts: 73
Location: Quebec,Canada
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 2 times in 1 post
tbone7467 wrote:
I was thinking about Doing a setup a little like this but see if i can make it so that a HDD fits in the base. You can either use this drive as a repository for applications, you dont want to put on the system partion of the main drive of to store the backups from Yakuza's WHSBDBS add-in. Just need to figure out how to get a little bit of power dont there to power the drive. Or I could get a Seagate freeagent Go as it is self contained and all Ill have to do it route a usb cord out the back

Does the MSS support Power over esata?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/01/18 ... nnounced/1


First I don't know nothing in electonic ( computer)
all I know is what I learn from you guys and only what I can understand.

You better ask the guys on that

Yes you can make a bigger (higher) base and put the HDD, The HDD will be in the middle of
the base mod where the cable rest, becose of the 4 mounting screws (see the picture)
You will need to instal a fan on the base to cool the HDD ( where to get the power for the fan ? )

Like I said for the rest ask the guys on that.


Attachments:
IMG_2092a.JPG
IMG_2092a.JPG [ 40.38 KiB | Viewed 7874 times ]

_________________
Jacques

Sorry for my english but the french part of me take over some times.


Last edited by Jacmay on Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:12 pm 
Offline
Founder
Founder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:54 am
Posts: 10731
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Thanks: 626
Thanked: 929 times in 884 posts
tbone7467 wrote:

Does the MSS support Power over esata?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/01/18 ... nnounced/1


I'm almost positive the answer is no. The MSS was designed and released in 2007, that article you reference is from early 2008 and says that the eSATA consortium is hoping to release powered eSATA in the 2nd half of 2008, and initially for add-on cards.

_________________
Alex Kuretz
Remote Notification: Monitoring and alerting for your Home Server via email, Twitter, text message, RSS, push notifications, and on your Mac desktop
Have you tried our Add-Ins?


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:15 pm 
Offline
Bonhomme
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:49 am
Posts: 73
Location: Quebec,Canada
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 2 times in 1 post
fulg wrote:
Jacmay, this is amazing work. Well done. I can certainly understand why you didn't want to drill holes in your MSS. I also prefer "reversible" mods, maybe it means I'm afraid of commitment :lol: (but that's the wrong forum to discuss this!)

For your next project, may I suggest the twin enclosure pictured in your avatar? :D

:mss:


I wish

If I had an old mss ok I can fix the body
as for the rest There is a big problem I don't know what carde to take, the connecter, power supply and more .

viewtopic.php?t=1292


Attachments:
HP MediaSmart Extender.jpg
HP MediaSmart Extender.jpg [ 59.68 KiB | Viewed 7873 times ]

_________________
Jacques

Sorry for my english but the french part of me take over some times.
Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:17 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:09 am
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
Jacmay,
What is the change of you making more of these Debug bases? I will pay you for one !
If not were did you get the wiring pinout to make you connectors?


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:28 pm 
Offline
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:20 am
Posts: 142
Thanks: 27
Thanked: 25 times in 20 posts
Is there a pin-out from and to the connectors ?

_________________
HP MediaSmart Server EX470. 2Gb Ram, AMD64 bit processor (running 32bit). 350Gb Hitachi HDD. Running Linux LUbuntu v14.04.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:45 pm 
Offline
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 677
Location: Montreal
Thanks: 27
Thanked: 76 times in 71 posts
SteffJay wrote:
Is there a pin-out from and to the connectors ?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=622&p=54949&hilit=vga+cable+pin+out#p54949

_________________
HP MediaSmart EX495 E8600 3.2Ghz CPU, 4GB ram, 8TB storage including 3TB drives in pool. WHS with Active Directory, WDS, Media Center Master, Logitech server. Office 2010 server with client add-ins.
Microsoft MVP - Windows Home Server.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Diehard for this post
SteffJay
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group