It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:15 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I recently bought an used EX470 and restored it using the HP MediaSmart Server v3 software.

I notice that the LED brightness setting is very strange in how it works.

The setting has 10 levels (from 1 to 10).

At level 1, only the power (left) LED is lit. The other two LEDs are off. This is, from what I read, normal behavior.

However, at level 2, the network (middle) LED is completely off. It only turns on at level 3 or higher.

By contrast, the health (right) LED turns on at level 2 or higher. At any given level, however, it is always "brighter" than the network LED.

Is this normal? Is this a software bug with the HP MediaSmart Server v3? Is it a hardware failure with the lights (particularly the network light)? If there is a problem with LED lights or the voltage regulators for the LED lights, I would have expected other problems on how they are lit. For example, all of the lights get brighter as I increase the setting from 3 to 10.

Please help!

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:49 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

If I remember right, your lights worked correctly before when you had the WHS v1 but now that you have upgraded to the 3.0 the lights are doing something different?
Or am I thinking of someone else.
If they worked before then the upgrade should not have changed how they work.

If this is the first load on this server for you, I would guess Hardware. As long as the lights light or not light when they are supposed to I would be happy.
These servers are getting kind of old and Is why I recommend having extra servers (just in case). Spare parts....
They still show up on ebay. Just a thought.

You might even think about upgrading to a ex-490 (newer) more powerful version, but make sure it comes with the CD's for recovery/software/client restore.

Good Luck

:twisted: Fear the Cloud :twisted:

Thanks