It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:16 pm 

Greetings! I'm hoping that someone can help me with a problem with my HP Smart Media sever EX470. The other day I accidentally powered off the sever while it was rebooting. Now I get the blue Health light blinking and the drive lights do not come on anymore. I'm so bummed! The sever had been working great until then.

From reading topics on this site I appear to need to do a sever recovery. Unfortunately, AI bought the server used 2 years ago and don't have any of the software that came with it so i can't do the recovery as I can't seem to find the software.

Here are my questions:

1) Can someone let me know how i can get the software I need? I understand you can't get them from HP anymore.
2) Will doing the recovery fix my problem? can i use the V3 upgrade that is available on bit torrent sites?
3) I used a USB cable and was able to connect the servers system hard drive to my laptop. I was able to run CHKDSK on the both partitions but that did not fix the problem. (the chkdsk did not appear to find any problems).
4) I don't have the Debug cable as I'm not sure I need one to fix this problem.
5) What files should I copy from the system hard drive before the reovery? What stuff will I loose? I assume the actual data (that I had in the various shares will be ok) Will I loose anything that was in the SYS partition? I had itunes running in there using the iHomesever plugin (version 3).

Sorry for all the questions, Thanks in advance

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:51 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Another possible option is trying to source another EX470 with the DVDs, or take the opportunity to upgrade to an EX490 and sell the EX470 as not-working/for spares - it is surprising how much non-working items can go for on the bay of e.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:52 pm 

albal wrote:
Another possible option is trying to source another EX470 with the DVDs, or take the opportunity to upgrade to an EX490 and sell the EX470 as not-working/for spares - it is surprising how much non-working items can go for on the bay of e.

I think I'm going to buy/build a new computer using Windows 10 and use that as my Media server as it appears the disk i need is very hard to get (unless I buy someone else EX470 from Ebay just to get the disk I need. I don't want to have to buy another EX470.

I want to be able to have the new computer run I tunes (using IHomesever) like I was on the EX470 and in the future use Plex.

Still would be nice to get a copy of that stupid disk somehow.

Thanks