It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:22 pm 

I just finished replacing the HP EX-475 power supply with a used Sparkle ATX-FLEX FSP200-50PL power supply. Thanks for the page describing the process, it worked great. The system is back up like nothing happened and all the stats are in the green (44 degrees C, etc.)

I knew the original supply was dead after discovering the system wasn't running. I verified that it was indeed the supply after extracting the OEM power supply using the provided instructions by connecting the ground and power-on pins and observing dead silence. Fortunately, the power supply died without killing the motherboard or hard drives.

I extracted the pins on the new supply using a "Molex model 0044 extraction tool for Mini-fit Jr. connectors." That plus the power supply and a couple of screwdrivers were all I needed. I just extracted the pins on the new power supply, rearranged them (stealing two yellow, two black from the 4-pin connector) and put them back in. I stuffed the extra cables along the right-hand side where there was some unused space and zip-tied and stuffed the extra length of cables for the 20-pin connector in front of the power supply.

I was a little worried I'd block airflow, but aside from the green status for fans/temp/etc., I can hear the fan on the Sparkle running and I can feel warm air coming out of the back of the power supply. As a bonus the system is now much quieter than with the OEM power supply.

Thanks again,

Dave

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank daveg for this post
yakuza

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!