It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: HP & OS X Lion
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:17 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Any odds Time Machine backups will still be possible with OS X Lion and HP's EX49x?

Or should I move to a separate server for TM backups and use the EX490 for strictly media since I have iTunes installed?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: HP & OS X Lion
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:51 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

I have no idea and I am not going to worry about it until 10.7 is released. I learned my lesson with the 10.5 upgrade, which broke Lightroom among other things. I will upgrade a bootable cloned drive and test from that before I upgrade the actual system drive in any of my Macs.

Thanks  
 Post subject: Re: HP & OS X Lion
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:59 pm 

:sanjuan:

Hello,

This is my first post, and hopefully many to the MSS forums.

I have an x510 DataVault, and love the product. I have many pc's that backup to the HP x510, including MAC's using the HP DataVault Connector Software for MAC to enable Time Machine Backups.

I have recommended this to many friends, however have become a little disappointed at HP's decision to cease product development, and further support for the ongoing software development of the console, and associated plugins.

Since the Apple OS X 10 Upgrade, I have wanted to upgrade, however cannot due to the aforementioned issues with this upgrade, and lack of support from HP. I have been on the phone to HP DataVault Support asking for any information they can provide on when an update may come out? The support engineer advised that there is no mention of any update for the X510 DataVault products, and a decision has been made by HP to discontinue development outside of the current supported Windows 7 / MAC OS X Tiger / Snow Leopard environments.

I encourage each of you to contact HP Support in your local country, and express your concern with the lack of development for this great product, and question what can be done to ensure that this product is further supported moving forward.

Regards,
Russ Keys.

Thanks