It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: Missing files after copy
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:13 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

When I copy files from a Mac to a home server share (EX490), very frequently one or more of the files doesn't copy. No error msg. The copy appears to complete successfully but the file or some of the files are missing. This happens intermittently on a single or batch file copy. If believe it also occurred when copying files to another Windows share I used a while back. It seems to only occur on large files, like 1GB+ in size.

Just now I tried to copy a 10GB file. First time, it was not present on the server after a seemingly successful operation. Tried again, successful.

I'm not sure what's happening here. It doesn't appear to be a widely reported bug.

Thoughts?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:41 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

jejagua wrote:
When I copy files from a Mac to a home server share (EX490), very frequently one or more of the files doesn't copy. No error msg. The copy appears to complete successfully but the file or some of the files are missing. This happens intermittently on a single or batch file copy. If believe it also occurred when copying files to another Windows share I used a while back. It seems to only occur on large files, like 1GB+ in size.

Just now I tried to copy a 10GB file. First time, it was not present on the server after a seemingly successful operation. Tried again, successful.

I'm not sure what's happening here. It doesn't appear to be a widely reported bug.

Thoughts?

I have noticed a different (and probably unrelated) problem with Snow Leopard and the MSS. If I delete an entire folder then occasionally the contents of the folder are gone but I get an error message and the folder itself did not delete. If I wait a while then the delete completes on its own.

I have noticed slow/buggy behavior with Snow Leopard and SMB access to resources such as the WHS.

One question that comes to mind is this.... if you leave the machines alone does the file eventually show up on the MSS? It might be that it looks like the copy should have completed but that one or both boxes are still doing some work related to copying the file.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:19 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

The samething was happening to me until for some reason I decided to create a folder and put the file inside and then copy it. It worked. It only happens in Mac. I have tried from my Windows 7 pc and it works normal. Try do this:

1- create a folder inside the folder
2- put the file inside the second folder

It should work.

Thanks  
 Post subject: Same Issue
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:32 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Hello

I have the same issue with mine as well. I tried creating two folders and that is not helping either. If I move one file at a time(doesn't matter what size each file is) they seem to work.

HP kicked it off their plate saying its a known SMB issue with Apple 10.6

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:54 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I have had some sporadic issues with this as well. I have been reading up and a lot of forums point the problem to the authentication. The suggestion has been to make your password all numeric. This makes some sense since my current password that I switch to, a while back, is very basic. You may want to try creating a new numeric only password and just see if it fixes the problem with the shares.

Worth a shot.

EX475 - 5.5 TB Total - 3.5TB MSS w Rosewill RSV-S5(2TB Backup Pool)- LE-1640 (AMD X2 BE-2350 unstable) - 2GB Ram
2.5 Unofficial Software Update/Time Machine Backup

Thanks