It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:03 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I've been reading about numerous problems with Snow Leopard, SMB, and the Mediasmart Server software. I've been holding off installing Snow Leopard until these issues get resolved, and I'm trying to figure out if it's safe yet. Should I hold off until 10.6.3 is released or will the Mediasmart Mac software work properly with the 10.6.2 update? I'm not interested in dealing with a lot of hacks to get Snow Leopard to work, so I'd just as soon wait until it works as well as Leopard does. Thanks.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:08 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

rvmeush wrote:
I've been reading about numerous problems with Snow Leopard, SMB, and the Mediasmart Server software. I've been holding off installing Snow Leopard until these issues get resolved, and I'm trying to figure out if it's safe yet. Should I hold off until 10.6.3 is released or will the Mediasmart Mac software work properly with the 10.6.2 update? I'm not interested in dealing with a lot of hacks to get Snow Leopard to work, so I'd just as soon wait until it works as well as Leopard does. Thanks.

I haven't had to hack anything to get it working. I have had some folder deletion issues that appear to be some kind of permission problem (which I haven't really dug into yet). It apparently doesn't have anything to do with Snow Leopard itself.

The only thing that seems for sure busted under Snow Leopard currently is the media collector feature, so if you use that then yes, you should hold off till it's been addressed by HP or Apple.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:18 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

@jmpage2
hmm... don't know - my media collector works well (Mac OS X 10.6.2 + MSS ex495)... have you tried to investigate client and/or server logs?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:33 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

bruder wrote:
@jmpage2
hmm... don't know - my media collector works well (Mac OS X 10.6.2 + MSS ex495)... have you tried to investigate client and/or server logs?

I don't use media collector, however a large number of people have reported it not working at all under SL.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:19 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

OK, then _I_ report that Mac Software 3.0.1 update works on my SL 10.6.2 including MediaCollector.

Thanks