It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:23 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I had been running Vista under VM Fusion 3 successfully on my Mac and I've had no serious problems running the full suite of MSS stuff from Vista. No problems reaching the MSS from my Mac, either, using RDP.

So, I uninstalled Vista and installed the top end Windows 7 suite under VM F3. No problems getting the MSS server connector up and running under Windows 7.

However, every time I cycle through the start up process for Win 7 under VM3, I get the red light telling me that I have severe network problems, specifically that my spyware and anti-vi on my Win 7 setup aren't working. They are, of course. When I head into MSS settings and tell the MSS to ignore those two issues, the red signal turns green. Until I cycle through the start up process for Win 7.

Anyone have a clue? I sure don't.

:crazy:

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:04 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Out of curiosity what Anti-Virus are you running? I believe you can turn of the Windows 7 monitoring of Anti-Virus too. Don't know why that would cause the issue. Also I noticed I had that issue when I was running a Beta version of Windows 7. Now that I have a regular release copy it does not seem to happen. Should have nothing to do with what Windows 7 version as it is happening on the WHS side but who knows with Microsoft. Let me know if you still have issues. I can boot up my Windows 7 and see how I have it setup.

EX475 - 5.5 TB Total - 3.5TB MSS w Rosewill RSV-S5(2TB Backup Pool)- LE-1640 (AMD X2 BE-2350 unstable) - 2GB Ram
2.5 Unofficial Software Update/Time Machine Backup

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:50 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

gecko6375 wrote:
Out of curiosity what Anti-Virus are you running? I believe you can turn of the Windows 7 monitoring of Anti-Virus too. Don't know why that would cause the issue. Also I noticed I had that issue when I was running a Beta version of Windows 7. Now that I have a regular release copy it does not seem to happen. Should have nothing to do with what Windows 7 version as it is happening on the WHS side but who knows with Microsoft. Let me know if you still have issues. I can boot up my Windows 7 and see how I have it setup.

I'm using the latest AVG freebie on my Win 7 setup. When I open up the MSS console from Win 7, it's all ok, but when I close that console down and shut down Win 7, I get the error message and of course the red LED on the MSS. :beerme:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:34 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Do you have access to another Anti-Virus? I am running Avast on both my home server and on my Windows 7 side and I don't seem to have the issue.

EX475 - 5.5 TB Total - 3.5TB MSS w Rosewill RSV-S5(2TB Backup Pool)- LE-1640 (AMD X2 BE-2350 unstable) - 2GB Ram

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank gecko6375 for this post
hakr
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:19 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

gecko6375 wrote:
Do you have access to another Anti-Virus? I am running Avast on both my home server and on my Windows 7 side and I don't seem to have the issue.

I just switched to Avast...and, voila! The problem seems to have gone away! Thanks, mucho!
:encore:

How, exactly, does one install Avast on one's home server? ](*,)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:52 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Quote:
How, exactly, does one install Avast on one's home server?

Hakr, I assume you already have the Avast WHS edition? I bought it and a 10 pack family license for around $80 but I think you can get the standalone WHS version. Anyhow once you get it you simply copy it your add-ons folder, launch your home server control panel and install.

Thanks