It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:26 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I posted this topic on another forum and someone suggested I come here as well.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5959

I used the 470 with a mac mini for over a year with no problems. I upgraded to the 495 for the increased iphone integration and more horsepower. I never assumed I would be unable to load any files from the mac mini. No matter what I do, the mac mini shows that the 495 has no space available. I've logged in with multiple user accounts and have tried connecting through various routes (all smb) and nothing seems to work. The home server console works on the mac mini just fine, I can access any files on the server and pull them onto the mini, and I can add files to the server from my other two PCs, I just can't get the mac mini to recognize that their is more than 0 KB on the server. Any suggestions would be appreciated since I will probably be returning it at this rate.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:05 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

It still seems likely that you have cached credentials that are being used with the new box.

1. Go to Applications-Utilities->Keychain Access.

2. Find all "network" passwords that refer to the HP Mediasmart and DELETE them.

3. Click on the finder and click on the MSS.

4. You should get an error that you can't connect.

5. create a new user on the MSS. This user name should have the same short username as your Mac user. Set the password to be the same as your Mac password.

6. SET FULL PERMISSIONS on the MSS for this NEW user. Needs read and write permissions to all shares.

7. Click the "connect as" dialogue in the Finder for the MSS. Enter your Mac short name and password and select the check box to save the password in the keychain.

8. Test read and write to shares.

I hope this helps.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:59 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Thanks for all the advice. I appreciate the help. I tried everything and nothing seemed to work so I returned it to amazon and got another one and the new one instantly worked straight out of the box. I don't know if I got a bad one or screwed something up during the set up, but it's so nice to have it working again. I'm moving all my files onto the new one. Once I'm set up, I'll start playing around with the new features.

Thanks again to everyone that helped out.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:39 am 
Founder
Founder

Glad it's working now and thanks for sharing the resolution. :mss:

Thanks