It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:17 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I just did a Time Machine backup for one of my Macs. When I looked at the folders stored on the MSS I couldn't see any files that looked like backup files. The MSS console shows a Mac shared folder of the same size as the Time Machine backup I created, but the file doesn't appear when I use the Finder to search through the MSS folders. I even turned on the display of invisible files but that didn't show it either. Any ideas where this file is located and how I can display it using the Finder?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:37 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

rvmeush wrote:
I just did a Time Machine backup for one of my Macs. When I looked at the folders stored on the MSS I couldn't see any files that looked like backup files. The MSS console shows a Mac shared folder of the same size as the Time Machine backup I created, but the file doesn't appear when I use the Finder to search through the MSS folders. I even turned on the display of invisible files but that didn't show it either. Any ideas where this file is located and how I can display it using the Finder?

Your Time Machine backups will be in

Mac->Backup and will have the file name that corresponds to the serial number of the Mac that created the TM volume followed by the extension .macbackup

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:03 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

In the Finder there an icon under Shared Devices (left column of Finder) and that icon is listed as "hpstorage", which is my MSS device.

When I connect to "hpstorage" there are a number of folders listed, including Videos, Users, Music, Photos, etc. and there is one folder named "Mac".

If I double click on the "Mac" folder to see what's inside, I find nothing. There are no files called Backup or anything else - nothing.

There is an icon under Devices which is labeled "Backup to HP MediaSmart", and this is the Time Machine backup location. But what I'm asking about is why nothing appears in the Mac folder on the "hpstorage" shared device?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:21 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

It is possible that you mounted the share Mac with a user which don't have corresponding permissions. BTW why do you need to see those files in Finder? As an alternative you can connect to your MSS using RDP and browse locally all shares, folders and files.

Thanks