It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

First thank you to everyone who has helped with this problem. The power of the net always impresses me when you have a problem. We are not alone.

I spoke with HP on this and everything is solved.

1. Here is the URL to get the Mac Software DMG file to do backups, etc. evidently my model (first off the line evidently) didn't have it on it.

[url]
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/soft ... 05&lang=en
[/url]

You first have to download this to a Windows machine, extract the file which is a DMG file and transfer it to the Mac. (I put the file in the Public Folder on the MSS and accessed it once I got the connection to the server going on the Mac (see below)

2. In order to enable the Mac to see the server files you must go to System Preferences>Sharing (under Internet and Wireless)>File Sharing>Options> and click on the "Share Files and Folders using SMB box and if not checked check the accounts on the machine you want to be able to do that with.

3. FInally to make the connection to the MMS open The Finder on the Mac on the file menu click Go>Connect to Server> and type in server address. HP told me if I hadn't changed it (which I had not) the default address is SMB://HPSERVER it will then ask you to put the password in for the server and select which folders you want to access. (This was weird because it only lets you select one) but when I was done they were all showing. Hit enter and Viiola! you're connected.

So I am now connected and have all the software on my MAC :D

Thanks again

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:24 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

kevinw wrote:
First thank you to everyone who has helped with this problem. The power of the net always impresses me when you have a problem. We are not alone.

1. Here is the URL to get the Mac Software DMG file to do backups, etc. evidently my model (first off the line evidently) didn't have it on it.

[url]
[/url]

You first have to download this to a Windows machine, extract the file which is a DMG file and transfer it to the Mac. (I put the file in the Public Folder on the MSS and accessed it once I got the connection to the server going on the Mac (see below)

2. In order to enable the Mac to see the server files you must go to System Preferences>Sharing (under Internet and Wireless)>File Sharing>Options> and click on the "Share Files and Folders using SMB box and if not checked check the accounts on the machine you want to be able to do that with.

3. FInally to make the connection to the MMS open The Finder on the Mac on the file menu click Go>Connect to Server> and type in server address. HP told me if I hadn't changed it (which I had not) the default address is SMB://HPSERVER it will then ask you to put the password in for the server and select which folders you want to access. (This was weird because it only lets you select one) but when I was done they were all showing. Hit enter and Viiola! you're connected.

Thanks again

Item 2 above will not do anything for the Mac not seeing the MSS. What it does is enable Windows machines to see shares on the Mac machine.

After installation of the Mac software do your Mediasmart shares show in the Finder or are you just able to connect to them with the HP Mediasmart Application within the Applications folder on your Mac?

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank jmpage2 for this post
kevinw
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:02 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

jmpage2 wrote:
kevinw wrote:

[url]
[/url]

Thanks again

Item 2 above will not do anything for the Mac not seeing the MSS. What it does is enable Windows machines to see shares on the Mac machine.

After installation of the Mac software do your Mediasmart shares show in the Finder or are you just able to connect to them with the HP Mediasmart Application within the Applications folder on your Mac?

As for item 2, I'll take your word for it as it's pretty much all greek to me.

The Mediasmart Folders only show in Finder once I click on the Server Icon. They do not show independent of that if that is the question. Likewise I can access them from the Mediasmart App as well.

Thanks