It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:11 pm 

OK, I am Mac newbie and I just got my EX485 today. However, I'm having problems transferring files to my MediaSmart server. I got the Time Machine backup working, and I even managed to copy my music and pictures to their respective shared folders on the server.

However, I created a folder on the server called "Mac Software" which I can access with my user account so that I could copy my .dmg files over to it (for easy access). However, following the same procedures as with the music and pictures copying (going to Finder, logging into the server with my credentials) doesn't result in the files be copied. OS X will act like the files are being copied to the folder, and will show the progress bar and finish.

But in the end, nothing is copied and the directory stays empty. How come it works for music/pictures in the shared folders but not with a user-generated Folder and other files?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:41 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I know next to nothing about a MAC but there was a time period where I copied windows files to the 470 server I have and they didn't show immediately, I had to close the console and reopen to get them to show. That has since been fixed, I suspect by a microsoft update. I also had problems downloading to a share and the download completed ok but the downloaded item was not in the share. That seems to have been fixed also. WHS is a work in progress.

HP EX485, 4 GIG, Q8200S, WHS 2011, ITUNES Server

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Have you made sure that after you create the folder on the server you have gone into the server control panel and given your user account read/write access? When you create a new folder it does not automatically give all users access. May be as simple as checking that. Hope it helps.

EX475 - 5.5 TB Total - 3.5TB MSS w Rosewill RSV-S5(2TB Backup Pool)- LE-1640 (AMD X2 BE-2350 unstable) - 2GB Ram
2.5 Unofficial Software Update/Time Machine Backup

Thanks