It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: Mac OSX 10.4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:43 pm 

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I assume there's a topic on this matter, but I'm not having any luck searching for it.

I currently have an old iBook PowerPC running on Mac OSX 10.4. The software is only compatible with Mac OSX 10.5. I don't care about automatic back-ups, but I would like to be able to transfer files to my server. So, what's the best way for me to connect to transfer files?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: Mac OSX 10.4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:46 pm 

Just looked a bit further, and I can connect to the shared folders by going to Network->My Network->HP Server and then clicking connect. I can then use a user I set-up to login and gain access to shared folders to transfer files.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:57 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

You should also be able to connect it through the Connect to Server option in the finder. Just click on your Go Menu in the finder and select Connect to Server, or select Command+K, and enter the SMB address. Such as SMB://HPServer. You should also be able to display connected servers in your Finder Preferences Sidebar. Go to Finder>Preferences>Sidebad and make sure that Connected servers is checked. Hope that helps.

Welcome to the forums.

EX475 - 5.5 TB Total - 3.5TB MSS w Rosewill RSV-S5(2TB Backup Pool)- LE-1640 (AMD X2 BE-2350 unstable) - 2GB Ram
2.5 Unofficial Software Update/Time Machine Backup

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:56 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

yawnzzzz wrote:
Just looked a bit further, and I can connect to the shared folders by going to Network->My Network->HP Server and then clicking connect. I can then use a user I set-up to login and gain access to shared folders to transfer files.

Actually that's it - you've answered your question by yourself - congratulation. If you feel you need backup, you should look on SuperDuper (look for corresponding topics).

Quote:
You should also be able to connect it through the Connect to Server option in the finder. Just click on your Go Menu in the finder and select Connect to Server, or select Command+K, and enter the SMB address. Such as SMB://HPServer.

Actually access through My Network is more convenient way, which does internally the same.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:37 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

johndavid wrote:
Is there any way to remote access my office mac from home without the software remote desktop? Will the new remote desktop software v3 work with os x.4?

Thanks.

seo india

The Remote Desktop Proxy application is only available for Windows operating systems

Thanks