It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: Media Collector
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:03 am 

Hi, I just got a 475 on eBay, boosted the RAM and set it up with v2.5. It's running fine on a mixed network (Windows & Mac). I'd like to know if the Media Collector only aggregates files from Windows machines, or if it will pull files from any machine running the client software. The iTunes settings panel only shows my Windows laptop as an available computer. The two Macs on my network don't appear, but I'm also having login validation issues with the client software on those machines, so I'm trying to figure out if the problem is on the client side, or if the Media Collector is Windows-only.
Thanks,

Greg

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: Media Collector
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:26 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

gma wrote:
Hi, I just got a 475 on eBay, boosted the RAM and set it up with v2.5. It's running fine on a mixed network (Windows & Mac). I'd like to know if the Media Collector only aggregates files from Windows machines, or if it will pull files from any machine running the client software. The iTunes settings panel only shows my Windows laptop as an available computer. The two Macs on my network don't appear, but I'm also having login validation issues with the client software on those machines, so I'm trying to figure out if the problem is on the client side, or if the Media Collector is Windows-only.
Thanks,

Greg

There is no Media Collector functionality in the HP client software for the Mac. There are lots of homebrew alternatives, so you may be better off. The login validation issues are a different problem. :)

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank blinded for this post
gma
 Post subject: Re: Media Collector
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:41 pm 

blinded wrote:
There is no Media Collector functionality in the HP client software for the Mac. There are lots of homebrew alternatives, so you may be better off. The login validation issues are a different problem. :)

Ah, good. Yeah, I started a different thread about the validation issues, but it's good to know I don't need to worry about the Media Collector.

Thanks!

Thanks