It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:36 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Yakuza, did you not see the screen shots of the errors? I posted them in my other thread in the mac section.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:15 am 
Founder
Founder

Sorry, I read dozens of topics or more a day and didn't correlate your two separate posts. I personally doubt it's a server issue, but you should check the Application Event Viewer logs on the Server. I'd be more suspicious of something on client, perhaps a firewall issue. I've not experienced that issue, though.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:25 am 

I ran into the same problem a few weeks ago when I first bought my mediasmart server. I ended up creating a smaller timemachine backup disk, and then resize it several times until it got to the size I wanted. It was very tedious.

Then yesterday, I ran into a different problem that I think may be related. I was trying to copy a 140gb file from my server to my local drive. It failed everytime at around 90gb. Then I found a forum article about IRPStackSize. I increased it from the default 15 (decimal) to 27 (decimal), and it worked!! Here's an article that explains how to increase the stack size:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285089

I have a hunch that it is related to the time machine issue. If someone has this issue again, give this a try and report back.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank avonord for this post
yakuza
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:23 pm 

I have an EX495 and was having similar issues. To resolve another issue, I ended up doing a complete FACTORY RESET on my server. I had over 4.5 Terabytes of free space and no PC data placed on the server. I had 3 internal drives designated to be used to expand my capacity, and 1 external drive set to back up the server. Yet, I could not even create a backup partition as small as 10GB.

I tried various tips with no luck..... until i unplugged the external hard drive from the server AND THEN reboot the server. For whatever reason, that cleared up my issue. But not until I removed the drive and reboot.

Not sure this will help anyone... but posted my results just in case.

Cheers,

-Todd-

Thanks